need help bringing Quark 6 Passport files forward!

Started by hotmetal, July 25, 2014, 12:41:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotmetal

I've got 3 Quark 6 Passport files and my research so far indicates that regular Quark 7 will open them, which would let me bring them forward, but I jumped from 6 to 9 and don't have 7. V9 says it can open them, but crashes when it tries.

Anyone got time to help me out here? Thanks!
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

Joe

I have Quark 7 for Windows. Would it work for me to open them and save them back out as Quark 7 files?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

It seems I actually have Quark 8.5 on Windows and Mac both. Would that open them?

Joe

Joe

Heading out now. If you can give me a link to the files I'll be home in about 50 minutes or so. I will check back when I get home.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

I got the files saved for him around 4:00 am this morning while you were :sleepy: ...slacker!

hotmetal

Quote from: Joe on July 25, 2014, 09:52:42 AMI got the files saved for him around 4:00 am this morning while you were :sleepy: ...slacker!

Huge thanks to both you guys! Worked like a charm. Now all I need to do is get the client to send me the art. Interestingly enough, though the original designer put the italic style on a font that has no italic printer font, it came out italic in my test PDF. I thought you couldn't do that anymore. Always learning, I am.

Q10 wouldn't open them at all, Q9 would, but repeatedly locked up afer processing for 5 or 6 minutes. I went back to Q6 on my old MDD and it said they were Q6 Passport files and needed Passport to open. I found an old thread on the Quark forums where some guy said it would take Q7 to do this trick. Nice to know he was WRONG!

Thanks again!
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

Joe

Version 8.5 opened them right up in about 5 seconds. Glad I could help.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on July 25, 2014, 09:52:42 AMI got the files saved for him around 4:00 am this morning while you were :sleepy: ...slacker!

Yeah, left here at 8:30 PM, had to come in at 7 am.... blow me.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

8:30 pm? Wow man, I apologize profusely. I didn't realize you were working part time.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on July 25, 2014, 12:47:53 PM8:30 pm? Wow man, I apologize profusely. I didn't realize you were working part time.

That's right, keep suckin'. :tongue:
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

I would have helped but I was home drinking and cooking friday.  :tongue:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job