fiery XF, command workstation woes

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, November 20, 2020, 05:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

This one is driving me crazy. :drunk3:

I am running Fiery XF on my Mac to drive our epson.

We just got a new Konica printer and I want to hook up the Mac to CWS but it will not install and gives the message on installation about removing XF. I need both programs operational not just one.

Anyone else have this issue?

scottrsimons

Not knowing 100%, but sounds like they are different versions. And different versions don't play well with each other. As far as I know, it's one or the other. Can't have your cake and eat it too.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

pspdfppdfxhd

But one is being used to drive the Epson, the other one is used to control jobs being sent to the Konica. 2 different IP addresses for each server. (I suppose).

Maybe XF can be used for both purposes?

Tracy

I always wondered, why can't you have your cake and eat it too?

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

pspdfppdfxhd

NOT FUNNY! I WANT MY CWS AND MY XF TOO!  :git off mah lawn:  :drunk3:

David

are you currently running CWS on another workstation? or just wanting to use it?
Have you tried using XF to connect to the Konica?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

pspdfppdfxhd

Tried to do that, cannot figure it out.

Just registered on the EFI forums and posted the question. Surely somebody might understand the situation.  :drunk3:

pspdfppdfxhd

Its okay, I managed to setup hotfolders on the network do I don't really need the cws installed on my Mac.

Slappy

We have CWS installed on the Mac Workstations, and use it to push jobs to 3 different devices so it definitely works. At least, for Xerox machines, I've never tried to use it for another brand of output device like an Epson.

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on November 23, 2020, 07:13:05 AM
Its okay, I managed to setup hotfolders on the network do I don't really need the cws installed on my Mac.
Man, I wish we paid for the Hot Folders option. But alas, nope.  :'(
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

pspdfppdfxhd

DigiCorn

This is like ancient technology history for me. The last time I used Fiery XF was upon it's release in 2014. It ran the Epsons in the office. I seem to recall not being able to run CWS on that machine, but I don't recall ever coming up with a solution either.

I remember on my desk I had the main Mac workflow for Rampage and standard production, a Windows 7 box for the PC side of things, that ran CWS and PDFLib Blocks programming, I had a Windows XP box just for SmartBoard and the Canon B&W (SmartBoard didn't run past XP), and then I had a dedicated print server for Fiery XF.

Nowadays, I just have the trash can Mac... if I still have a job... if I ever go back to work... still homeschooling 2 kids on family leave. I have a windows box, but I never trun it on anymore.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway