What extra service do publishers need?

Started by Monika, June 11, 2009, 09:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monika

What service do publishing company could provide for publishers? What else publishers may need?
Thank you in advance for suggestions ;-)
www.inter-alia.lt/en specializing in books, magazines, newspapers and flyers printing in Europe. Please send a request and i will be happy to help you ;)

Joe

Welcome to the forums Monika...

As a publishing company we provide a lot of training to publishers on how to properly prepare files. Many times we go to their site to train them at no charge. We try to save them money in the long run so they won't have extra prepress charges. Unfortunately it doesn't help with a lot of them.

Also we will provide them with low res versions of their jobs if they request it for putting them on their web site. We don't currently do any of the web site work but it may be a possibility in the future.

We also do archiving of jobs and can retrieve their files any time they need them again.

We also do extra proofs if they request.

Anything to make the customer happy.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Monika

Yeah Joe I agree, with helping to prepare files correctly you spend a lot of time, as counting suggesting different printing options, but you are not sure if client will stay loyal and print again in your company....
Especially now they are very price sensible...
www.inter-alia.lt/en specializing in books, magazines, newspapers and flyers printing in Europe. Please send a request and i will be happy to help you ;)

Joe

This is true. I've trained more than a few that jumped ship later on. One of the hazards of the industry though.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.