Light Table app for the iPhone

Started by ninjaPB_43, November 25, 2009, 06:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninjaPB_43

I just discovered "Light Table".  It's in it's infancy but realtime photos in a Corporate conference, drop it on the light table and layout a spread, add text. In the Appstore for iPhone.   If it can export .PDF....

Just sayin..

:ninja:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

delooch

im all for the new diggs in tech, but why would you want to do this type of stuff on a 3.5" screen?

ninjaPB_43

Because you can, because sometimes the size of the screen doesn't matter as much as how quickly it can be shared...   

Adobe is already making some basic apps for Photoshop and dreamweaver too. I haven't downloded them yet to see how functional they are.  Edit: errr they are just manuals and help apps.  But I see Adobe making apps in the near future for actually updating a website or building an Indesign layout.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

ninjaPB_43

There's also "myPantone" for those who need their color palettes on the go!   :laugh:

I can hear the comment at presscheck now.  Why doesn't your pms book match my iPhone?!

Joe

I can assure every prepresser out there that there is one of these iPhone files in their future. What designer wouldn't love an app that only costs $0.99?

http://blip.tv/file/1391169
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Even at 50,000 downloads, they would be laughing.   What cut does Apple take of the 0.99 I wonder?   :undecided:

Should I feel too "senior" to worry about an iPhone? Does this signal the beginning of a don't-care attitude, which will only end in permanently flattened affect?  Where is gnubler, to be terminally confused by this post?  So many questions.    :shrug:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Chilbear

Quote from: frailer on November 27, 2009, 04:01:18 AMShould I feel too "senior" to worry about an iPhone?
You have to get one - I traded my ancient Blackberry for one. Allows you to surf anywhere at anytime but now we need reading glasses to see it. Love it but it sucks the life out of the battery very fast. I use the iPod function to play "my" music when working late running the diecutter.

Farabomb

I'm on the fence on the whole iPhone thing. I admit, it's sexy, browsing is great on it, tons of apps, itunes and you can play games on it. It's also supoused to be a phone but it sucks at that. Being ATT only doesn't help either. Apple screwed the early adopters, took forever to have picture messaging and it's pretty fragile. Watched my friend drop his and the glass shattered. He replaced it himself but was without a phone for a week. That being said my new every 2 is coming up in april and I'm doing research for a new phone. There is rumor that an iPhone is coming to verizon Q1 10. It will be a new phone (CDMA 4g) so I'll probably avoid it because nobody gets it right the first time. Right now it's 1: storm 2 2: Tour 3: Droid but I don't want to jump the BB ship and 4: curve 2.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job