News:

Main Menu

Action List Recording

Started by elko, August 11, 2015, 02:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elko

Hi all.
 I am trying to make an action to remove any objects with particular spot color for attached pdf. I was recording selection by "select by attributes" tool and remove but there was no record.
I tried to make the action by select fill and stroke and remove than but it doesnt work.
Next issue is, there is a mask in the front and when I want to select the spot line I need to hide the mask or use wireframe view. I can select the line very easy by select object tool, the wireframe view helps, but it doesnt for the select by attributes tool, I have to hide the mask. Both tools should work the same way, I suppose.
Next issue. There are 3 paths and 10 images selected by "select by attributes" tool /selection.png/ choosing the spot line. I cant see any similarity for the images. It looks very strange and risky to me.

abc

I wouldn't get to hung up on recording for something like this.
Just use 'Select Spot color', grab the color from the file. Then remove selection.
It's very easy to overcomplicate Action Lists.
https://esko.box.com/s/ub7jofu3w16i6qk1rwljrl5i95xa8gkc

elko

yes...your action works....thank you
but why the recording or select fill and stroke doesnt work?
why the select by attributes tool selects the images?

abc

I didn't check to be honest. I guess there maybe some masks in the file that have the spot color as an attribute.
I guess you might have selected fill and stroke together, which mean the object must have a Fill and a Stroke in order to be selected.

If you want to play maybe try
Select Fill
Select Stroke
OR

then you select anything that has a fill or a stroke.