Just got a new Macbook Pro!

Started by ninjaPB_43, December 14, 2009, 08:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninjaPB_43

I've been eyeing this baby now for 2 yrs.  I finally pulled the trigger.  I went smaller with the 13" and got 4GB of RAM.

I hope this will really light the fire under my ass for working for myself.

I want to know the community's opinion on what my chances are of talking Adobe into letting me upgrade my CS2 (windows education version) to CS4 (Mac edition)? 

I know. They won't, but $1800 for the one I would want?   :angry:

/post

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

G_Town

I believe some one posted a Chinese website that sounds right up yer ally :undecided:

ninjaPB_43

I'm not sure if you're joking or not G...   I like that about you.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

G_Town

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on December 14, 2009, 08:37:56 PMI'm not sure if you're joking or not G...   I like that about you.

I never jest :angry:

Stiv

If there is a College or University near you go to the bookstore and get an educational version. Here is a quote from the one near me.
Design Premium CS4 for Mac. Includes: InDesign, Photoshop Extended,Illustrator, Acrobat 9 Professional, Flash Professional, Dreamweaver,Fireworks, Bridge, Device Central, Version Cue.
$299.00

Joe

Nick posted this link a few days ago: http://www.royaldiscount.com/

Not as cheap as the educational ones but if you don't qualify for that this is about the best price I have seen.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Stiv on December 14, 2009, 08:59:00 PMIf there is a College or University near you go to the bookstore and get an educational version. Here is a quote from the one near me.
Design Premium CS4 for Mac. Includes: InDesign, Photoshop Extended,Illustrator, Acrobat 9 Professional, Flash Professional, Dreamweaver,Fireworks, Bridge, Device Central, Version Cue.
$299.00

This!  :clap:  My wife is still a grad student until May...   yippee.  :ninja:

Stiv

Quote from: Joe on December 14, 2009, 09:05:13 PMNick posted this link a few days ago: http://www.royaldiscount.com/

Not as cheap as the educational ones but if you don't qualify for that this is about the best price I have seen.

I have used these guys also.

DigitalCrapShoveler

There he is...

Working for yourself? Do tell.
Member #285 - Civilian

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on December 14, 2009, 09:55:52 PMThere he is...

Working for yourself? Do tell.

you know the deal...  well I'm attemping to learn mail.   There is work for designing mailing campaigns...   just saying...    :ninja:

Santa

4 GB Ram, Backlit Keyboard, Aluminum unibody construction, 7 hours battery life, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics card, and a 13 inch viewable screen. 4.5 lbs of pure sweetness.  Congrats!

Ear

hmmm... Santa sure knows a lot about your Christmas present there Ninj. Sounds like you're off the naughty list this year. Imposter!
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Farabomb

Nice xmas present PB! I don't think I'd ever buy a macbook for myself but I do fancy the lighted keyboard. The keyboard on my HP is unreadable in most light. Makes it hard for mr. hunt and peck here.  :undecided:

I'm glad to see another vote for royal discount. Since we just bought a bunch of new equipment my software budget is non-existent but I still might be able to get the paid version of FEX, CS4 and max out my memory with royal's help.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

Hey F-bomb... your avatar makes a lot more sense now that I know you have an HP laptop instead of a Macbook.  :tongue:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Farabomb

Yea, yea.  :tongue: No complaints other than the keyboard on the HP. Even with a later version of vista I didn't hate it. Much better now with a Win7 install.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job