Sega Dreamcast

Started by DigiCorn, March 29, 2010, 01:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Probably not the right place to post, but I am building an arcade-type machine in my garage with a flat panel widescreen tv and a few classic game systems, mainly a Sega Dreamcast. I am looking for an old Dreamcast Arcade Stick. I have found a few on eBay, Amazon and Craig's List, but the sellers are asking too much for them. I just thought I'd post and see what kind of feedback I'd get. When complete, it will look something like this: http://www.dreamarcades.com/upr.shtml
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Skryber

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on March 29, 2010, 01:44:09 PMProbably not the right place to post, but I am building an arcade-type machine in my garage with a flat panel widescreen tv and a few classic game systems, mainly a Sega Dreamcast. I am looking for an old Dreamcast Arcade Stick. I have found a few on eBay, Amazon and Craig's List, but the sellers are asking too much for them. I just thought I'd post and see what kind of feedback I'd get. When complete, it will look something like this: http://www.dreamarcades.com/upr.shtml

Are you looking for one like this?

Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Skryber

I had 2 and one I gave to someone and the other I have to look for when I get home. I haven't seen it in awhile. It might be back at my P's house. I remember they were expensive then too. Memories..........I used to pay Giga Wing so much I had dreams about it. Woke up in a nervous sweat. That game was the reason why I bought those joysticks. Best Dreamcast game ever, IMO. Actually, that game was the reason why I got a Dreamcast.  :laugh:
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Farabomb

I was lusting for a dreamcast just to relive the days of getting shitfaced and playing Sega Bass Fishing for hours and hours on end. I stopped at gamestop.... and noticed they ported it to Wii. I was quite happy and all was well with the world. Till I had to go to work.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

I was a big Phantasy Star Online player on DC, and followed it to GC, but it died there. Punch Out for the Wii is the best Wii game ever! Anyway, I just want to incorporate the joystick into a stand-up arcade machine I am building. Mostly I like sports games, but Bomberman is hella fun if you can get 4 players and of course I like the standard Mario fare. All the Rare games (Conker, Banjo, etc.) are fun too.

Back when PSO was big, I had the DC keyboard and played via dial-up. Later I got the broadband adapter for the DC. It can still be used as a slow web browser.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

Quote from: Skryber on March 29, 2010, 04:53:22 PMI had 2 and one I gave to someone and the other I have to look for when I get home. I haven't seen it in awhile. It might be back at my P's house. I remember they were expensive then too. Memories..........I used to pay Giga Wing so much I had dreams about it. Woke up in a nervous sweat. That game was the reason why I bought those joysticks. Best Dreamcast game ever, IMO. Actually, that game was the reason why I got a Dreamcast.  :laugh:
Did you ever find it, and/or are you willing to sell it? For what price are you thinking?
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Skryber

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on March 31, 2010, 08:17:50 AM
Quote from: Skryber on March 29, 2010, 04:53:22 PMI had 2 and one I gave to someone and the other I have to look for when I get home. I haven't seen it in awhile. It might be back at my P's house. I remember they were expensive then too. Memories..........I used to pay Giga Wing so much I had dreams about it. Woke up in a nervous sweat. That game was the reason why I bought those joysticks. Best Dreamcast game ever, IMO. Actually, that game was the reason why I got a Dreamcast.  :laugh:
Did you ever find it, and/or are you willing to sell it? For what price are you thinking?

It's not at my house. It may be at my parent's house or I gave it away. I don't recall but the next time I talk to them, I will ask if they have seen it. They have boxes of my old systems over there but I have my Dreamcast so I figured it would be with all that stuff, but it isn't. I have a feeling it's gone. It's been years.  :cry:

DigiCorn

awww.... man those things (the sticks) have held their value. They retailed for $50 or so new, and that's about what they go for now. They repro ones are $20 on Amazon brand new, but the Sega brand is hard to find. When you do find one, the guy wants anywhere from $40 to $130 for it. Amazon is the worst - 3 there now between $89 and $128 used. I found one on Craig's List but the guy won't drop his price below $80. I think if I take my chances on eBay I can get a working one in good shape for about $50.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Skryber

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on March 31, 2010, 10:08:33 AMawww.... man those things (the sticks) have held their value. They retailed for $50 or so new, and that's about what they go for now. They repro ones are $20 on Amazon brand new, but the Sega brand is hard to find. When you do find one, the guy wants anywhere from $40 to $130 for it. Amazon is the worst - 3 there now between $89 and $128 used. I found one on Craig's List but the guy won't drop his price below $80. I think if I take my chances on eBay I can get a working one in good shape for about $50.

Ebay has some for $50.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=sega+dreamcast+joystick&_sacat=See-All-Categories

2 Buy It Nows, one for 49 and one for 50.

edit: Don't buy the 49 dollar one. Expensive shipping and seller is iffy.

DigiCorn

I just bit the bullet and bought one for $49. I was hoping to get one cheaper, but c'est la vie. It's only money, right?

My brother-in-law came over the other night and we drug out all the old school games I downloaded for Wii or had for classic consoles. Elevator Action, Dig Dug, Galaga, Tempest... we had a blast. I can't wait to get all the parts so I can build this classic arcade style upright. I saw a 23" Vizio 720p HDTV at Target the other day, open box for $161. 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio, too. I think I'm going to go back and get it to be the screen for my box. That way I can set up MAME through DVI (or HDMI if I spring for a decent video card) and run the DC through the component input.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway