Kodak InSIte Approved and Overwrote

Started by harimaukuatkuat, August 20, 2016, 08:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harimaukuatkuat

Hi There,

I am new in Kodak InSite workflow. I have an query about Kodak InSite.
 My client has approved one of the title. The job was not moved to production and the web access was still on.

One hour later, the client re-uploaded one revised page with difference name without requests rejection.
For example: The earlier approved page name 006_ABC.pdf, the correction page name was 006_DEF.pdf.

The InSite was overwrote the approved page. Is the InSite setting something not right?

Thanks in advance.  My Kodak InSite version is 6.7.1.15057.

Joe

A file with a different name won't overwrite the first page. Are you sure the customer didn't delete the original?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

harimaukuatkuat

Quote from: Joe on August 21, 2016, 07:41:58 AMA file with a different name won't overwrite the first page. Are you sure the customer didn't delete the original?

Yes. Joe, I have tested and confirmed that same file name after uploaded onto InSite. It will shows error message: "Failed to perform AutoRefine for file 06_ABC.pdf, as it has pages that are already approved". If different file name uploaded, the file will be successfully upload, overwritten and does not show any error or warning. The Approved page status will became Work in Progress.

Joe

Yes if it is the same file name it will upload but not process because it will not allow itself to overwrite the approved page.

If it is a different name it will process but won't overwrite a page that is named differently. I mean how would it know which page to overwrite if it is named differently?

There is this setting in the Prinergy administrator.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

harimaukuatkuat