News:

Main Menu

Artpro PPC support

Started by G_Town, May 08, 2009, 09:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

Does the latest version still support the PPC or is it intel only. If it is intel only what was the last version that supported the PPC?

I seem to remember reading they were dropping support for the PPC but due to declining brain cell activity can't remember what/when.

Joe

If they have a download for PPC or Universal they still support PPC. If all they have is an Intel version then they don't.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

EmptyWords

They still support the PPC chip (for how long, who knows), that is what we are currently running our ArtPro/PowerStepper on. The only thing they do not have anymore are separate versions for both. Now they only have a universal version for all the Artworks software.
Esko Automation Engine  •  Imaging Engine  •  Nexus  •  Odystar  •  Neo  •  ArtPro  •  ArtPro+ Layout
Esko ArtPro+ Advanced  •  ArtPro+ Essentials  •  Esko PowerStepper/PowerLayout  •  Kodak Preps 8
Hyphen ImpoProof 8400S  •  CGS Oris ColorTuner // Web  •  Epson Stylus Pro 7900  •  Apogee Prepress
Agfa/Screen Avalon  •  Xerox iGen  •  Versant 180  •  Iridesse  •  Mark Andy  •  Heidelberg  •  Kirk-Rudy

G_Town

Thanks was hoping they were intel only now so we could tell 'em we need new macs :cry:

On a related note I just set up a workflow in nexus that deletes 2 layers and then pastes on another artpro file saving me from doing it manually to 43 items. It's my first really customized workflow I'm geeked!

wooooooooooooooooo!