News:

Main Menu

Maintenance Contracts

Started by Goodgulf, October 02, 2007, 08:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skryber

I love our Rampage support. They are on top of it.
We have Fuji support for platesetter and proceessor and have a deal where we pay half for parts and labor. You don't want your laser shot or something very expensive fried and not have that, IMO. Ours is getting to that time where we need to replace main parts.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Lumpy

Yeah, tell me about it, our platesetter was installed in 2000.
She's starting to fall apart on us.
Son you better watch your back when a poor man gets the blues.

frailer

We've got the usual MC on XMF workflow. But with 3-monthly updates, including improvements to the imposition; plus bug-fixes, how could you not. Not sure if powers-that-be actually get that. I may hear screams from HO, 15 kms away, when the bill falls due. I'll worry about it then.
Our Luxel's outa warranty now. No contract. But the laser's got 5 years/5,000 hrs on it anyway; whichever falls first. They're not super expensive, as they're essentially mass-prod DVD lasers, and only 1 of them. One of the things that tipped me towards violet.
The Glunz & Jensen... Fujifilm outa the picture now we're outa warranty. It's all RedAlert Parts in Western Australia, (thanks Joe, for your Googling skills on the day). Parts for it now about 1/3 of Fuji's price. Most I can fit myself.

...was this thread revived by a bot? Or am I just imagining that?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on December 29, 2009, 09:10:24 PM...was this thread revived by a bot? Or am I just imagining that?

Yes, I believe it was.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

David

yes, but it is a happy bot, you know some can be quite nasty...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

tapdn

Kind of like the Terminator as opposed to C-3PO?  :rolleyes:
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

DigitalCrapShoveler

The Terminator is a killing machine and C-3P0 is a pedophile, where are you going with this?
Member #285 - Civilian

tapdn

(Denny gets blackboard out...)
David sez some bots can be rather nasty (see above). My reply was, yes, like the Terminator as opposed to wimpy bots like the pedophile one... get it now Mr. Barnes?
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
~Farabomb

DigitalCrapShoveler

No, but I still would like to eat cake with you... at Denny's. :tongue:
Member #285 - Civilian

tapdn

:laugh:

...sure, but make mine a stack with double bacon and sausage.  :kiss:
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

David

extra crispy bacon and I'm there...

with a side of fries, a glass of OJ, 2 scrambled eggs, some black coffee, oh yeah, and some grits too please!

thankyouverymuch
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

I'll take one of everything, and give the rest to Ear when I'm done. He isn't supposed to have table scraps, but FFS it's Denny's! My favorite eating establishment! Live it up! Joe's buying.
Member #285 - Civilian

tapdn

mmmmmmmm hashbrowns and home fries with onions!!
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

Farabomb

I don't even know if there are any denny's left in NJ. At least I don't know where one is. IHOP on the other hand...
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job