making explorer thumbnails larger

Started by delooch, December 02, 2010, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delooch

heres an easy registry mod to make the thumbnails larger in windows explorer (winXP)

yeah, bridge facilitates image browsing a lot easier, but if youre just poking around and tired of squinting, its a big help..

#1 - Go to the "Start" menu and click "Run."

#2 - Type "regedit" in the search bar and hit "Enter."

#3 - Click the "Plus" (+) icon to expand the folders in the Registry Editor. Navigate to the following location: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer."

#4 - Click the "Explorer" folder.

#5 - Look for the "ThumbnailSize" key. If it is not there, you need to create one.

#6 - Right-click on an empty space and select "DWORD Value." Name the key "ThumbnailSize" (without spaces).

#7 - Double-click the "ThumbnailSize" value to edit the size of the thumbnails. You can choose Hexadecimal or Decimal. Decimal values range from 32 to 256, which converts to 20 to 100 in Hexadecimal values. As you increase the value, the size of the thumbnails increases. Increase the thumbnails to a size that fits your preferences.

Farabomb

First thing to do if you are playing in the registry is to backup before you make changes.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

youston

delooch

exactly. if you fear windows or the registry, dont f**k with it.

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.