PitStop Pro compatibility with Acrobat DC

Started by abc, April 07, 2015, 03:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Nevermind. I see I can change the CMM by editing the profile in the Pitstop Color Management preferences and then saving it in the Local group.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

I'm probably about to get banned over at the Acrobat Forums at Adobe. Good times... :rotf:

:deadhorse:  :deadhorse:  :deadhorse:  :deadhorse:  :deadhorse:

:strangle:  :strangle:  :strangle:  :strangle:  :strangle:  :strangle:

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Joe

At last someone (Leonard from Adobe) is going to submit the whole "SHIFT+CLICK makes a new sticky note when Output Preview is open" to maybe change the key combo for that so SHIFT+CLICK adds to a selection like it should. I think I'll go buy a lottery ticket and run around with scissors in my hand. I'm feeling lucky today.

Farabomb

Oh, and I realize I can't leave output open as one of my clients sends POs with form fields that are blank if output preview is open and it's a crapshoot if it will display on my mobile device.

That shift click thing is the DUMBEST thing. as you stated all OS's in existence uses that as select more. In the next update they will remove ctl-c and ctl-v.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Farabomb

I also like the staff member saying they know prepress because they represented Adobe at Ghent.

That's like saying I'm a doctor because I watched House M.D.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

Hey Joe
Checking out this thread I noticed I never updated Acro to XI
Will I run into any difficulties installing XI?
I don't have the sticky note problem it must come from XI?

If I install XI will it automatically try to install the DC? I don't see it in my updater
I have Pitstop 12.3 but will wait to install DC

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on April 09, 2015, 02:14:25 PMHey Joe
Checking out this thread I noticed I never updated Acro to XI
Will I run into any difficulties installing XI?
I don't have the sticky note problem it must come from XI?

If I install XI will it automatically try to install the DC? I don't see it in my updater
I have Pitstop 12.3 but will wait to install DC

Acrobat XI introduced the sticky note "feature". If you shift click a lot with Output Preview open you will be sorely...uhhhhh...upset over it. Acrobat XI didn't have any new features I couldn't live without so I see no reason for you to upgrade unless you just want to.

Acrobat DC on the Mac requires either OS X 10.9.x or 10.10.x. You can't install it on anything lower than that version of OS. On the Mac it is strictly a 64-bit application but many plug-ins are only 32-bit and they won't work in Acrobat DC. Pitstop works as long as you have at least Pitstop 12 Update 3. I know my Kodak plug-ins do not work in Acrobat DC and someone else mentioned the PDF Toolbox plug-ins don't work either.

Even if you are running the right OS version the Creative Cloud app might tell you there is an update for Acrobat DC. But no one is forcing you to click "Update". But if you do there is a strong possibility it will remove previous versions. It is designed to though some people are saying it did not delete their old version. But it did for me and then I had to go back install Acrobat XI from a stand alone installer...which btw Adobe has killed that link for the installer but I have the installer if anyone needs it.

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on April 09, 2015, 01:41:15 PMI also like the staff member saying they know prepress because they represented Adobe at Ghent.

That's like saying I'm a doctor because I watched House M.D.

Maybe he also stayed at a Holiday Inn Express!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8Ah8WTL2i8

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on April 09, 2015, 01:18:57 PMOh, and I realize I can't leave output open as one of my clients sends POs with form fields that are blank if output preview is open and it's a crapshoot if it will display on my mobile device.

That shift click thing is the DUMBEST thing. as you stated all OS's in existence uses that as select more. In the next update they will remove ctl-c and ctl-v.

I fully expect them not to do anything about it but after about 3 years of arguing I at least got someone to acknowledge the problem. He probably just said that to shut me up but oh well.

Tracy

That's right my mac is 10.7.5, I forgot you told me that already, sheesh
Fuji did tell me to hold off on the upgrade of the OS
for the next XMF Upgrade
Thanks Joe :-*

BSPrint

Anyone with a 27" iMac affected by Apple's 3TB Hard Drive recall, be aware.

I sent my iMac (OS 10.8, Mountain Lion) off for this replacement - it came back with updated firmware and OS 10.10.4 (Yosemite) installed.
Apparently the problem is with the OS / Firmware rather than the fusion drive itself.
There is no mention of this update anywhere on Apple's recall (in fact, it says you will need to re-install your OS).

Normally an free update is a good thing, but; Pitstop 10 doesn't work under Yosemite. It has caused a few other issues as well.
We had been deliberately avoiding Mavericks for this reason.
We are now up for new Pitstop, new Acrobat, new Acronis server software, and need to update the other iMacs OS, Pitstop, Parallels, Acrobat etc to keep them consistent.

BE AWARE!