Nexus 9.5.8 available

Started by andyfest, September 22, 2011, 05:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyfest

For those still using "classic" Nexus, v9.5.8 is available for download. I'm not sure how long it has been up there as we did not get a notice for it. According to the changelog, it fixes numerous bugs when using the Nexus pdf rip module.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

G_Town

Quote from: andyfest on September 22, 2011, 05:34:35 AMFor those still using "classic" Nexus, v9.5.8 is available for download. I'm not sure how long it has been up there as we did not get a notice for it. According to the changelog, it fixes numerous bugs when using the Nexus pdf rip module.

Have you tried 10.1 yet?

andyfest

No we haven't. My understanding is that 10.1 is Automation Engine, and that there is a cost attached to the upgrade. I don't have a hope in hell of getting any money this year for the upgrade. If it was free I'd be all over it.

G_Town

Quote from: andyfest on September 22, 2011, 09:47:01 AMNo we haven't. My understanding is that 10.1 is Automation Engine, and that there is a cost attached to the upgrade. I don't have a hope in hell of getting any money this year for the upgrade. If it was free I'd be all over it.

Do you have a service contract?

I downloaded it and was using it for a while till I found a flattening bug in it.

We are a nexus "classic" shop as well.

it's got a few cool new bells and whistles. I had a nice conversation with a Esko demonstrator at GraphExpo. He basically explained how the products are going to evolve.

David

if you have the service contract the upgrade is free.

it's the upgrade to the rips and the training that ain't free.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

G_Town

Quote from: david on September 22, 2011, 11:27:26 AMif you have the service contract the upgrade is free.

it's the upgrade to the rips and the training that ain't free.

Training is free, at least at Esko and not on site.

andyfest

Hmmm...we do have service contract, but I thought it was still a $15M upgrade. I'll have to contact support and see.

G_Town

Quote from: andyfest on September 22, 2011, 11:45:47 AMHmmm...we do have service contract, but I thought it was still a $15M upgrade. I'll have to contact support and see.

The pdf rip is like 15-18 but if you have a contract you should be able to download 10.

Like I say I had it on my old pooter and ran it for like a month with the new license key thingy.

G_Town

Just checked it's available for d/l on the d/l site ver 10.1.1.

andyfest

Thanks G. Is it actually a Nexus version or Automation 10? Is the interface similar to a "classic" Nexus interface and can "classic" workflows be restored on 10.1.1?

G_Town

Quote from: andyfest on September 23, 2011, 06:32:08 AMThanks G. Is it actually a Nexus version or Automation 10? Is the interface similar to a "classic" Nexus interface and can "classic" workflows be restored on 10.1.1?

It is definitely Artpro and not automation engine 10, they almost complete merging Nexus and the esko stuff in AE 10 the guy told me.

The one thing they aren't 100% on yet is the editor, its going to be a hybrid of artpro neo and another app. For the forseable future they are going to support both artpro and nexus for folks like us.

PrepressN00b

Correct, its Artpro 10 that you are seeing.

Automation Engine is at 10.1, but is not available via download center.
Peter Kincaid
Hybrid Software

G_Town

Quote from: PrepressN00b on October 25, 2011, 11:55:09 AMCorrect, its Artpro 10 that you are seeing.

Automation Engine is at 10.1, but is not available via download center.

Actually Artpro 10.1 is available now for d/l.