Pages Pallet messed up

Started by almaink, December 04, 2007, 08:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

almaink

No idea WTF happened, a picture says a thousand words tho. Indy CS2. As you will see I can't see the right hand pages to well. Check it out and let me know if you have an answer.
http://mandarin.quickshareit.com/share/picture14c84b.gif
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

jezza

Hi Alma, does opening and closing (not minimizing) the pallet help? I've had similar with Quark and I have to relaunch the whole program.

CS2 and Leopard?
one sick prepress mofo

jimking

As a test, in Indy go to your " Document setup" under File and click off the "Facing Pages" and then click it back on to see if they realign to view properly.

jezza

Good idea Jim, an alternative would be to move a page in the layout itself. Some how you have to get the pallet to redraw itself.

one sick prepress mofo

David

does it work if you reload the default workspace?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Grab the Pages tab and tear it out of that palette. If it displays correctly on it's own then drag it back.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Joe on December 04, 2007, 09:47:51 AMGrab the Pages tab and tear it out of that palette. If it displays correctly on it's own then drag it back.

yep, good call joe, that's what I'd do too.

but it might boil down to getting the trashcan involved with the .plist..
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

almaink

Thanks for all the suggestions, but I already tried them all to no avail. I even ran fsck -fy and cleaned out the font caches, then repaired permissions. After logging into my other account and finding the pallet to work just fine I logged back to my main account and trashed the preference files found in user/library/preferences/Adobe. First time for everyone I guess as I've never had to toss any application preference files before this in OSX, not even Quacks.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

EyeTech

Lotsa stuff relating to wacky behaviour and rebuilding prefs at this link...

http://indesignsecrets.com/rebuilding-indesign-preferences.php
'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page

Sparky

OK try changing the document to NOT be facing pages, and select the pallet options to see if making the icons small-medium- or large may change the pallet., and/or make the pages view vertical and back to horizontal.

my 2ยข
"No well engineered plan survives contact with reality"