Need A Little Input...

Started by DigitalCrapShoveler, April 03, 2009, 09:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delooch

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on April 06, 2009, 12:16:09 PMSorry, I am fucking fed up with this shit. My boss has his new bi-yearly BAD ASS Benzo parked right outside Prepress, and it makes me want to vomit. I could barely get my car started.

sounds like my old boss.. every 2 years or so he'd buy a new ski boat and keep it parked in the back of the warehouse on its trailer.. hed always have some kind of expensive toy back there just to show off.. whats worse is you had to watch him come in and hitch it up on fridays before he headed to the lake..

meanwhile, youd ask him for a raise and his response would be "oh, well if business looks good, we'll check again in 3 months..  BS!

im sure he bought that f'n thing with a tax break anyway..

DigitalCrapShoveler

Do they not realize it just looks bad? The morale of this company is at an all-time low.
Member #285 - Civilian

Aaron

Wow, so this is happening elsewhere??!  :laugh: The owners here spend a week on a yacht and come back and say we are barely making it.  :puke:

I've been begging them to send me to any and all educational seminars to help educate me on color management since they expect the world and I keep saying... ahh, I need some training... like I said from day one...

Then one day I'm walking down the hall and I hear the owner ask his son "Are you going to that seminar next weekend?" and he replies, "do I have to?"

I wanted to walk the F out...
Prinergy 6.1, UpFront, Magnus Quantum 400 , Epson 9880, Insite 7.0, Sonora

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

DigitalCrapShoveler

It is really hard to break your back for a company, when the top dog, acts like the top dog. Don't get me wrong, if he/she deserve it, I am all for it. But, when I hear day in and day out... "The companies doing horrible... Like my new Benzo?" That just flushes me of all motivation. I make this company a SHITLOAD of cash... share the fucking wealth you fucking out of touch, piece of shit economical terrorist! :banghead:
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on April 06, 2009, 01:08:03 PMIt is really hard to break your back for a company, when the top dog, acts like the top dog. Don't get me wrong, if he/she deserve it, I am all for it. But, when I hear day in and day out... "The companies doing horrible... Like my new Benzo?" That just flushes me of all motivation. I make this company a SHITLOAD of cash... share the fucking wealth you fucking out of touch, piece of shit economical terrorist! :banghead:

You know how they got all that bling in the first place? By not sharing it with their employees. :tongue:

Fact of life: You'll never get rich working for someone else. (CEO's exempt)
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

For true Joe, you won't lose a half million $ working for someone else either though.
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Joe

DigitalCrapShoveler

I'm looking for Shangrilah here I know. And that bullshit about working for someone is the rule not the exception. I worked out of my house for 3 years made AWESOME money, then the fucking Gubs took it all away. I am a blue collar sardine crammed on a fucking pink bus waiting for my stop in Hell. Make no mistake... I will key his car!
Member #285 - Civilian

born2print

He'll just get a new one in 6 months.

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on April 06, 2009, 01:22:30 PMI'm looking for Shangrilah here I know. And that bullshit about working for someone is the rule not the exception. I worked out of my house for 3 years made AWESOME money, then the fucking Gubs took it all away. I am a blue collar sardine crammed on a fucking pink bus waiting for my stop in Hell. Make no mistake... I will key his car!

You paint a very colorful picture of life. :laugh:

DigitalCrapShoveler

But it will piss him off for 5.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: born2print on April 06, 2009, 01:25:54 PMHe'll just get a new one in 6 months.

And cut wages and benefits to pay for it since he had to accelerate the renewal process due to the scratches! :death:

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on April 06, 2009, 01:27:19 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on April 06, 2009, 01:22:30 PMI'm looking for Shangrilah here I know. And that bullshit about working for someone is the rule not the exception. I worked out of my house for 3 years made AWESOME money, then the fucking Gubs took it all away. I am a blue collar sardine crammed on a fucking pink bus waiting for my stop in Hell. Make no mistake... I will key his car!

You paint a very colorful picture of life. :laugh:

Color me funnie!!!!11  :rainbow:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Aaron

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on April 06, 2009, 01:08:03 PMIt is really hard to break your back for a company, when the top dog, acts like the top dog. Don't get me wrong, if he/she deserve it, I am all for it. But, when I hear day in and day out... "The companies doing horrible... Like my new Benzo?" That just flushes me of all motivation. I make this company a SHITLOAD of cash... share the fucking wealth you fucking out of touch, piece of shit economical terrorist! :banghead:

AMEN!
Prinergy 6.1, UpFront, Magnus Quantum 400 , Epson 9880, Insite 7.0, Sonora

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

born2print

Quote from: Joe on April 06, 2009, 01:28:52 PM
Quote from: born2print on April 06, 2009, 01:25:54 PMHe'll just get a new one in 6 months.

And cut wages and benefits to pay for it since he had to accelerate the renewal process due to the scratches! :death:
BINGO!
Quote from: Homer Simpson on April 06, 2009, 01:28:52 PMCan't win... don't try.