Activity Monitor question

Started by frailer, August 24, 2010, 01:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

After recent slow-downs, have been lookingin there. Anyone know what 'xulrunner' might be? Network management?

Shot below.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

mattbeals

Doesn't look familiar. Which OS version are you using? Given the PID number it looks like a low level system function. It has something to do with the window manager. Maybe from Google Desktop Earth 3D. By the way, when you block out the user name in the main window you might want to block out the name in the process information window too. Your user name shows up... It would be helpful to know what open files and ports there are for that process.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

frailer

Quote from: mattbeals on August 24, 2010, 01:59:50 AMyou might want to block out the name in the process information window too. Your user name shows up...

:embarrassed:

10.4.11.           Shall dig around further tomorrow...and reinstate screenshot.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

gnubler

Busted. So he really is Captain Picard?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

QuoteXULRunner is a runtime environment developed by the Mozilla Foundation to provide a common back-end for XUL applications. It replaced the Gecko Runtime Environment, a stalled project with a similar purpose.[1]

The first stable developer preview of XULRunner was released in February 2006, based on the Mozilla 1.8 code base, and alpha versions based on Mozilla 1.9 were released in 2007. The most recent releases of XULRunner are in the 1.9.2 branch, using the most recent Gecko engine, and are built from the same source code snapshot as Firefox 3.6.

XULRunner
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Interesting. Just seems like a lot of CPU resources being used by it.   :undecided:  About to leave for work. Shall quit Firefox and see what gives.