News:

Main Menu

Tablets

Started by DigiCorn, April 18, 2012, 12:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Quote from: gnubler on April 18, 2012, 04:26:06 PM
Quote from: david on April 18, 2012, 02:18:38 PMwtf is ice cream sandwich?

and, who comes up with these dumbass names?

Oh, you're just old! Poopypants.

Now go google my bebo on your droid. :naughty:

I feel dirty...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on April 18, 2012, 02:29:05 PMI might need some help. I've never used an Android device, let alone upgraded one. I'll keep you on speed PM.
F-Bomb posted a link, but the download was no longer there. I went here, and upgraded no problem. I backed up everything first, but I didn't lose anything on the upgrade, except for Angry Birds.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

I think you have to root ANY android device to install the new firmware
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Not if it's from the factory. I had GB on my charge before it was released OTA becasue I was rooted but when they pushed the OTA everyone went to GB.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Jut found out my phone isn't really a 4g, despite being advertised that way. It's HSDPA, which at work is actually a faster connection than our wi-fi network. I ran a speedtest and I was 3mbps faster on HSDPA than I was connecting to our crappy 6mps network (which I checked with the boss, and that's all we pay for - 6mpbs).
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

ATT is fucked up, at least 2 phones named 4G and they only have 3G radios in them. How the hell are they not getting in trouble for that?

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on April 19, 2012, 07:55:06 AM
Quote from: Joe on April 18, 2012, 02:29:05 PMI might need some help. I've never used an Android device, let alone upgraded one. I'll keep you on speed PM.
F-Bomb posted a link, but the download was no longer there. I went here, and upgraded no problem. I backed up everything first, but I didn't lose anything on the upgrade, except for Angry Birds.

What did you upgrade? The tablet or a phone? I just unboxed the new tablet about 2 am. The link I had that said you could upgrade the tablet to GB was wrong. It was just a firmware update and not an OS update.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

I upgraded my phone. Technically it is a firmware update, but the UI changed. The one thing I do not like right away is the ability to mute all sounds with 1-touch. If you look at the "About Phone" settings, it says Firmware 2.3.6 and Build number GINGERBREAD.UCLB3. It does not list anything as "OS".
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on April 19, 2012, 08:10:35 AMRoot your tablet.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1353951

I was just reading that thread last night. The thing about that thread is that it was made last November and last updated in January and now has 59 pages so I don't know if that info in post #1 is still relevant and I haven't had time to read the other 58 pages.

Farabomb

That's why I'm thinking I may stay with a more supported device like the ASUS Transformer.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

I read some reviews on the LePan tablet yesterday and other than some stupid design problem with the on/off button, the general consensus is that for people like us (with some technical knowledge) it's great - better if you update to GB. I guess at some point, with FroYo it locks up; a restart usually fixes it, but GB eliminates the issue. I would imagine rooting it first is the way to go, but before I do mine, I'm going to read all 58 pages.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Any manufacturer can screw up. ASUS released the transformer prime with a nice sexy metal back... too bad it borks WiFi and GPS signals. That's why I'm waiting for their newest revision of the transformer before I get a tab.

Though if you guys have good luck with this one I may pick up one just for the hell of it.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Posting this from the new Le Pan tablet...works pretty good.

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david