Printing spot colors on Kodak Directpress 5634

Started by DHG, October 31, 2012, 08:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DHG

Occasionally have to print spot colors on this press. Only have 4 units. For certain work it's pretty simple, like a 2/c bus card. I designate the spot color as a process either in the native file or in the page workflow (using Nexus 9.0.3) , say PMS 295 as Cyan, and the pressman would ink up the cyan unit with 295. However, it gets a little crazy sometimes if we run a 5 or 6/c job (CMYK + spot). Pressman insists he cannot map the spot color at the press to a certain unit. I know he can map a process color to another unit, for instance he is out of black plates, so he maps the black to the cyan unit or whichever. So, my question is, is it possible at the DI for the pressman to map a spot color to one of the units on press?

Farabomb

That looks an awful lot like the Hedi DI I used to run and I don't remember having any issues mapping spot colors but I only had a 4 color one. I would have to do multiple passes for 4c + spot jobs.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job