Any XMF 5.5 supported SCSI card for Windows 7 OS?

Started by Lyzan, July 16, 2014, 12:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyzan

I feel it's odd to have a latest application that one component still needs to be run in Windows XP.

Can you help me guys what SCSI card you are using and OS when you connected XMF to Fuji Luxel V-8HS, our supplier did what I mentioned above -- SCSI with obsolete PCI bus.

:homer:

Joe

I can't speak specifically to the XMF/Luxel V-8HS but as far as I know most CTP devices are still SCSI. We just had our XP computers replaced with Windows 7 computers for our Luescher CTP machines that were running XP but the connection is still SCSI via PCI.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Lyzan

I am kinda expecting that it should use PCI-E SCSI to have better compatibility with Windows 7 (64-bit).

Joe

OK. Mine might actually be PCI-E on the new Windows 7 PC's. I haven't checked that closely but it is still SCSI. I know that we had to get new PC's as Luescher said we couldn't use the existing ones with Windows 7. That might be why.

Lyzan

How's the throughput? Our supplier told me that if we will use SCSI PCI on Windows 7 machine, the throughput will be cut to 50% compare to PCI on XP machine.

Lyzan

Do you think it's fair enough to insist to our supplier to change the SCSI PCI to PCIE?

Farabomb

If you're getting new hardware I'd INSIST on a PCI-E card and MB. They will unload old hardware on you then whack you with an upgrade shortly down the road.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Lyzan on July 16, 2014, 01:46:11 AMHow's the throughput? Our supplier told me that if we will use SCSI PCI on Windows 7 machine, the throughput will be cut to 50% compare to PCI on XP machine.

We're not seeing any difference either good or bad from our old XP machines to the new Windows 7 machines other than they boot faster and the applications load faster. Still takes about the same amount of time to render the image from the queue to the CTP unit though.

Lyzan

Thanks guys.

I think I'll insist to them to replace the PCI to PCIE.