Taffeta. Anyone running it?

Started by Aaron, February 08, 2008, 08:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron

We are looking at either Co-Res or Taffeta. We love our Kodak Staccato (but have Fuji plates), but will be moving to a new workflow and it could be rampage. The Fuji reps, keep scurting the questions I ask about Taffeta and redirect the answer to Co-Res. Anyone out there using taffeta FM screening? Likes, dis-likes?
Prinergy 6.1, UpFront, Magnus Quantum 400 , Epson 9880, Insite 7.0, Sonora

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

almaink

OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Aaron

Good info in there. Funny that Kodak states their staccato is 2nd gen., but Fuji says Kodak's staccato is not 2nd gen.

Anyone using Taffeta screening?
Prinergy 6.1, UpFront, Magnus Quantum 400 , Epson 9880, Insite 7.0, Sonora

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Marktonk

Aaron,

I can vouch that Staccato is 2nd order as is our Prinect Stochastic Screening as was our previous generation Satin Screening. Staccato was based on Global Graphics algorithms as was our Satin Screening, both were 2nd order. I am not sure if Staccato is still on Global Algorithms, we are not.  Prinect Stochastic is based on Heidelberg Algorithms and programming.

Regards,

Mark 
Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA