Kodak Prinergy > Marks Color

Started by harimaukuatkuat, March 31, 2016, 12:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harimaukuatkuat

Hi, Is possible to change the Kodak Prinergy > Marks from Cyan 100% (Default) to others color?
Thanks in advance.  :)

Image attached for reference.

johnny_jay

Is that in a proof output or a screen grab from a VPS?
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

Joe

I've never seen those cyan lines. As johnny_jay asks...where are you seeing these and what software is putting them there?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

harimaukuatkuat

The marks is generated by Kodak Prinergy > Workshop > Mark. (Attached is the screesshot for your reference).
The Cyan dotted line is the trim size and the outer black keyline is the 3mm bleed.
This is useful for me to check the ozalid, like any text too close or bleed not enough.

I am encounter some job without Cyan so the dotted line wouldn't show on the ozalid.
Is there a way to change the Cyan to Magenta?

Thanks in advance.  :D

Joe

Never really had a need for those as the VPS has both bleed and trim lines you can turn off and on when viewing them. We on't do any hard proofs though so I can see how they might be useful for that. I don't seen anywhere that allows you to change the color of them though.

harimaukuatkuat

Yup. This is more on hard proofs checking purpose. Thanks! Joe.

johnny_jay

To be honest, I did not know you could change the color of that mark, ours comes our black.
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

jmaciag

Are your hard copy proofs getting processed through another rip after you send the data from Prinergy?
Mac OS 10.10.5 | Adobe CC 2015
Prinergy Connect 8 | Preps 8
Insite  Prepress Portal 8 | Screen 16000 VLF | Screen 36000ZX

Joe

Quote from: johnny_jay on April 05, 2016, 07:16:35 AMTo be honest, I did not know you could change the color of that mark, ours comes our black.

Same here. According the the Prinergy Help. "Trim and bleed marks are created in registration color and are 0.25 points in weight". They come out as registration for me as well. How did you get them to be Cyan? On a two color page, C-K, mine come out 100%C and 100%K. The only way I can see them coming out Cyan is to only have Cyan in the page.