XMF imposition...surprise, (a nice one).

Started by frailer, November 29, 2017, 09:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

I'd convinced myself that it wouldn't know what to do with this one, and would not flow the pages without my doing a second job, and running the 16pp work& Turn separately. However, it *did* flow them. :faint:

The double-shaded green is the work & turn. The other 2 ate the 2 sides of what they term here a 'double 16pp'. I.e. they're printed as sheet work, together, then cut down for folding/binding. Nearly fell off my chair, as I was convinced the double-up would throw it. Nup.

These are the Stripping Sheet Templates which are brought in to construct the impo.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

...but they flowed!  :banana:  Look, if I can still get excited at my age, just roll with me and smile...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Tracy

That is interesting, Did you do it with Pagination mode?
I'm curious how you did it, you were able to have 2 page 1's etc.
2 sections maybe?

Joe

Not sure about XMF but in Preps template world all templates have a Page 1 but when you include multiple templates into an imposition the page 1 on the 2nd sig become the first page of the 2nd sig so instead of it being page 1 it will page 17 if you have two 16 page sigs. I have to believe XMF operates on the same theory.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

:laugh: Duh, he was showing the template not the actual flow of the pages
Thanks Joe!

Ear

Yes, Frailer and it works well. I use the flow pages feature daily, for large page count stuff. Beauty.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

frailer

Yeah... the more I thought about it, the more I should have expected it to work. If each Stripping Sheet template works in Saddle Stitch mode, then placing them in the desired order should work, as well, (as Joe says, it will just pick up that P 01 on the 2nd sheet, and start at the next flowing number).

I just had a feeling that being a 'cut-down double 16pp', it might not.

Ear

It's smart enough to flow odd ones like - 8pg (dinky) + 32pg + 16pg... which would be a half web + double web + single web... although it is annoying that it won't let you modify a 2 web template back to a single web... I end up paginating a 16p, flow it, modify one to an 8pg, then up to 32 page with the other form and delete the extra 16p forms that were added by auto flow. It's fast and easy.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

mc hristel

Quote from: frailer on November 29, 2017, 09:08:45 PMLook, if I can still get excited at my age, just roll with me and smile...
Here you go...     :smiley: 

Slappy

Loving the Flow feature too! Esp for those times a pressman or manager wants the odd W&T sheet that WAS the middle pages to be swapped so the first 4pgs are now the W&T. I still bitch about it being "a hassle" but it really takes about seconds.

:lmao:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Ear

Yep.... "move sheet to start" or "move sheet to end"