And to centre the image on the page...

1. Select all, and copy

2. Delete everything

3. press 'apple 0' (that's a zero) so the whole page displays on screen

4. then paste

image now centred
one sick prepress mofo

frailer

Yep, Illy's a never-ending curve, but an enjoyable one. I hear what you're saying about page size and associated matters. [beer let me in on the Cmd>Opt>P dialogue box thing...handy].
But I also take note of Mordy's stuff on it, too.

http://rwillustrator.blogspot.com/2007/11/ask-mordy-document-size-and-bleed.html

Take each situation as it arises, I guess. the more ya know, the more likely you'll get out of a jam.    :cool:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

beermonster

ok - back from extended weekend - into the usual chaos at work sadly :angry:

i've not had many issues with illy files placed in indy - then again you do get used to (well i do) simplifying files and recognising potential problematic files.

ai files with eleventy billion layers might cause issues, obviously spots and transparency need attention - there's many things, but i have to say i have few issues with placing illy files into indy. on an odd occasion i have embedded files within indy which has solved issues more than once (to avoid massive file sizes i simply leave a non printing message detailing to embed prior to rip and not save with embedded graphics - simple really.

having said that, since we've had excellent results from indy with pdf files, if we judge an illy file too complex we will pdf and re-place in indy.

the method of ai into indy is a sound one but nothing is perfect
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world