Font embed error

Started by frailer, December 15, 2008, 12:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: david on December 17, 2008, 09:33:17 AMyes they do...

I actually tried the demo version a while back...

http://www.fontlab.com/font-editor/

at the time, they didn't want to spend the money so I stuck with Fontographer.

Without further investigating... what did you think?
Member #285 - Civilian

DigitalCrapShoveler

DAYUM! $650?!?!!?! Kinda pricey for a font editor!
Member #285 - Civilian

Tim

Fontlab also sells a font converter called Transtype which will convert PC to Mac, TT to Type1 etc... It's very affordable and will strip out the permissions when you convert the font to a different format. It works on OSX and Intel also. You can try the demo version first but I've gotten very good results with it.

David

for what it did, I could do the same thing with Fontographer, and yes, the price only confirmed that.
I guess, one of these days when my old Mac dies, I may have to find the bucks to spring for something newer.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

The Stevinator

Quote from: david on December 17, 2008, 09:33:17 AMyes they do...

I actually tried the demo version a while back...

http://www.fontlab.com/font-editor/

at the time, they didn't want to spend the money so I stuck with Fontographer.

FontLab Studio is the end all be all of font editors IMO.  It rocks and is worth every single penny.

SJM

gnubler

Quote from: The Stevinator on December 17, 2008, 05:03:17 PMFontLab Studio is the end all be all of font editors IMO.  It rocks and is worth every single penny.

Really? Where can I get it for free? Can you "lend" me a copy so I can "demo" it?  :kiss:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

frailer

I revisited this, in order to put it to bed, in my head, so to speak.
Tried your method, gnubler, but this font is in the evil category. Would not behave in the Copy/Paste environment. Why, I have no idea.

Workaround...

-ensure all instances of it are outlined.
-go to Type>Find Font...[it's still there listed, of course   :rolleyes: ]
-change evil [now ghost] font to, say, Times Regular. [the default in the Find Font panel].
-Exported and travelled through RIP, no worries; as outlined.   :cheesy:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.