Conical Label 1.0

Started by Joe, June 11, 2018, 08:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

What Is This?

The plugin does just one thing: it takes your artwork and computes a perfect envelope mesh distortion, so the result fits a conical surface of the dimensions you provided.

Conical Label 1.0

Free...for now.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

Downloaded and installed. Thanks!
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

I got it too!
Looks simple enough to use, not a lot of controls.
I've had to distort these guys by hand using the warp tool.
We'll see if this is easier or pretty much the same.

Thanks Joe!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

StudioMonkey

Its not free.    :sad:

"You need to purchase a licence in order to use the plugin"

BTW I wondered what you might need a conical label for and all I came up with was
1) Bottle Neck Promo and
2) Butt Plug

:hello:
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Joe

If you follow the link under the I tab it will show this:

QuoteGet Conical Label License
Here comes the best part, as the plugin is still in beta and we really need your feedback, so here is the deal: we provide a free limited-time license, you provide the feedback. Win/win for both of us, all we need is your name, email and some information. The key will be sent there and we'll have a talk in a couple of days.

So yes as I said it is free for now. So you can get your time limited license for free and if you find it useful you can buy it later when it isn't free.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

not sure if I will ever use it, like I said, there are virtually no controls other than just changing the width of the top and bottom.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

Interesting tho, I would like to learn more of the 3D tool
I used it but I'm kinda fumbley with it

swampymarsh

Useful for distortion where the top and bottom of the product are cylindrical with varying circumference, such as ice cream tubs etc. Some elements should not be distorted though, such as barcodes, eyespots etc. The trick will be in working out the correct dimensions to enter, is it based on the overall product, independent of where the label is placed, is it dependent on the area placed etc. Will likely require 3D software testing and or physical mockup to ensure that the distortion is correct.