make DC260 print only in black by default

Started by wonderings, July 05, 2018, 07:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wonderings

I have an old DocuColor 260 that used to be a production machine but is now an office printer for email and invoices. The colour drum has worn out for magenta and I do not want to drop a couple hundred bucks for a drum when really it only prints emails and invoices. There is colour in some of the prints and when that happens the sheet is covered in magenta streaks. I am trying to figure out a way to just make the machine print everything in black by default. Anyone have an idea on how to do this? Hoping to just make it by default rather then setting up a new printer and having to set a new printer on each machine.

Possum

I looked it up for our 700; don't know if yours will be the same, Anyway.... If you can get into System Admin mode, there's a Tools tab, go to System Settings, then Copy Service Settings. That should let you set the default as black only. You can still print color if you want.

IIRC, the password to System Admin is usually 11111. It's been years since I had to use it, so...
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

wonderings

:git off mah lawn:
Quote from: Possum on July 05, 2018, 11:47:09 AMI looked it up for our 700; don't know if yours will be the same, Anyway.... If you can get into System Admin mode, there's a Tools tab, go to System Settings, then Copy Service Settings. That should let you set the default as black only. You can still print color if you want.

IIRC, the password to System Admin is usually 11111. It's been years since I had to use it, so...

I did have a look in there and did see options for colour photocopying but nothing for printing. I am assuming changing the default for photocopying will not change for printing, will give it a try when I have some time to stand by and do some tests. Thanks.