network speed and graphics, fonts dropping out

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, November 17, 2020, 01:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

The last few weeks we have had network speeds going from normal to almost no response.

Working off the network on a few jobs we had type disappear in a pdf going to a Konica printer and also an image dropping off when the network was crawling.

The IT guy said the network speed would not affect this happening but I think it could.

Any ideas appreciated.

Joe

I agree with the IT guy. Networks are pretty smart and if packets are lost the network re-sends them to make sure all of the data gets completed. Not that the network doesn't need to be fixed though.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Ah damn. But I would rather know the truth than be right. :facepalm:

Joe

Try using sneakernet (copy to a thumb drive and walk it over) to get the file to the Koncia and see what happens.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Yes we have been doing that to feel safe but the network is back to normal all of a sudden with a reboot of the server by the IT guy.

Honestly this morning, it was going from around 200kb to 700kb per second.

scottrsimons

Joe is correct about the network, it works or it doesn't. But what it really sounds like is that the Konica was trying to process the files before it had all of the data, and that is why it was missing fonts and images. The Konica was kinda of treating it as a corrupted file, which in a way it was. But this all depends on how the Konica handles the files, too. If it tries to process immediately or if it queues it.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson