News:

Main Menu

PFB & PFM

Started by sulaxfan, June 02, 2008, 12:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

Sorry man, I see where I got confused. You were not using the quoting box, so you have Sulaxfan's post at the end of yours, and I thought YOU were saying that. My apologies... it took me a minute to figure it out...:huh:
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on June 05, 2008, 06:37:54 PM
Quote from: WharfRat on June 04, 2008, 07:14:25 PMI am working on a Mac using Font Agent Pro and I have a customer who has given me a font in FFB and PFM format. I asked if she had a TrueType version on her PC, but of course she does not. Is there anything I can do with this?

Stick those files in the InDesign font folder and you can use them in InDesign.
-
If you are still on CS2
you can also place them in the Illustrator font folder and use them there.

You answered your own question... See the confusion.

I believe the person asking the original question was sulaxfan. It got confusing with the quotes for awhile. Definitely going to give this a try.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

WharfRat

Quote from: Joe  link=topic=1781.msg29605#msg29605 date=1212721969
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on June 05, 2008, 06:37:54 PM
Quote from: WharfRat on June 04, 2008, 07:14:25 PMI am working on a Mac using Font Agent Pro and I have a customer who has given me a font in FFB and PFM format. I asked if she had a TrueType version on her PC, but of course she does not. Is there anything I can do with this?

Stick those files in the InDesign font folder and you can use them in InDesign.
-
If you are still on CS2
you can also place them in the Illustrator font folder and use them there.

You answered your own question... See the confusion.

I believe the person asking the original question was sulaxfan. It got confusing with the quotes for awhile. Definitely going to give this a try.

--
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I don't get this whole "quote" thing on this list.
On our other groups, we cull out un-necessary text and jibberish added by the servers and write and reply only to pertinent, new information.

I will try to be more clear, in the future.

MSD

frailer

Damn, forgot to try it today.   :cry:     I assume it has some relevance to the Thread about Transtype, from last week.
Shall try it Tuesday. Sorry guys, it's a Queen's Birthday Pub. Hol. here Monday. They just haven't thought of a reason to take it off us yet. For one weekend a year it's OK to be a royalist.    :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

sulaxfan

WharfRat, thank you! I never would have thought of placing the fonts in InDesign, but it worked! I can now sleep tonight!  :sleepy:

Thanks all! I'll be back!

frailer

Seems rats rule around here lately!    :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: sulaxfan on June 06, 2008, 08:38:44 AMWharfRat, thank you! I never would have thought of placing the fonts in InDesign, but it worked! I can now sleep tonight!  :sleepy:

Yeah, it works all right! So my question would be, since Adobe had blessed their products with a neat little built in font converter... or whatever it is, why have I been fighting PC/Mac font compatibility all these years with Adobe apps? For that matter it shouldn't even be a OS specific problem... at ALL!
Member #285 - Civilian

frailer

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on June 06, 2008, 08:41:32 PM
Quote from: sulaxfan on June 06, 2008, 08:38:44 AMWharfRat, thank you! I never would have thought of placing the fonts in InDesign, but it worked! I can now sleep tonight!  :sleepy:

Yeah, it works all right! So my question would be, since Adobe had blessed their products with a neat little built in font converter... or whatever it is, why have I been fighting PC/Mac font compatibility all these years with Adobe apps? For that matter it shouldn't even be a OS specific problem... at ALL!

Agreed...Primal Screams all round.    :tantrum:

WharfRat

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on June 06, 2008, 08:41:32 PM

-
The deal is the cross platform capabilities Adobe has been working on for years.
So far, it is only Illy and InDy that have cross platform font capabilities.
With Open fonts this increases to all the CS applications.
It really has nothing to do with operating systems.
I should do a test this week to determine the font capabilities of the CS applications by placing fonts in the
Adobe "common" fonts folder rather than the application folder.
It would be sweet if that worked for all the apps - especially Acrobat.

MSD

DigitalCrapShoveler

hell yeah, let's try it... if anything, it doesn't work, but if it does... the possibilities... Hmmmm.
Member #285 - Civilian