Prinergy 5.3 on VM (VirtualBox)

Started by menzy, April 20, 2020, 11:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

menzy

I think I may have confused you when I said GMCE... There is a Ethernet Cable that comes out of the Platesetter and plugs directly into the Network Card of the server as described earlier.
In one of the guides I found it said to name that LAN connection to GMCE Master Connection hence why I called it that earlier.

Hopefully this clarifies it. haha

Joe

OK so there is no PC at the platesetter? The ethernet cable plugs into the actual platesetter and not a NIC in a PC?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

menzy

Ok here goes;

Server NIC 1 <> Router (Ethernet)
Server NIC 2 <> PlateSetter (Ethernet)

PC/Server has Centos installed which within I've installed Windows running VirtualBox

Joe

Quote from: menzy on April 22, 2020, 08:47:30 PM
Ok here goes;

Server NIC 1 <> Router (Ethernet)
Server NIC 2 <> PlateSetter (Ethernet)

PC/Server has Centos installed which within I've installed Windows running VirtualBox

And yet I still do not know what Server NIC 2 <> PlateSetter (Ethernet) cable is being plugged into. One end of the cable goes to Server NIC 2 and the other end goes to the PlateSetter. I'll assume it is in NIC in the platesetter. Are you sure the cable going from Server NIC 2 <> PlateSetter is good? If so are you sure it is wired correctly between the two devices? ie...a straight or crossover cable.

QuoteWhen you connect two devices of different types together, you use a straight through cable. When you connect two devices of the same type together, you use a crossover cable. If you insert a network device between two devices of the same type, all cables are straight through.

menzy

Yes Ethernet on both ends
This cable worked previously and I've checked and can confirm its a crossover eth cable.

Joe

See what you did there? You've skillfully avoided answering the same question again. I know it is ethernet on both ends. It must be some kind of state secret that you are unwilling to answer but I'm game to try one more time...what is the ethernet cable at the platesetter plugged into? Is it a standard off the shelf common network adapter card or is it some kind of proprietary communications board? I'm guessing the latter but who knows?

OK if you are sure it it is the right known good cable then it must be a problem with the communication parameters on the Prinergy server. You stated that "Second  NIC is the GMCE Master Connection with all the items disabled except for IPV4 (IP Config: 192.168.100.209/255.255.255.128) everything else left blank" so I assume that is the way it was setup when the system was working previously. I have no idea what those settings would be or where they are located. They could be in the Prinergy database but I doubt that. I think the most likely location for these settings would be in the Prinergy settings within the Windows registry database. If you still have the old working Windows install of when this was working you could try searching through it and see if you can find any settings that look they would be the ones that communicate with the platesetter. Other than that I am out of suggestions.
QuoteThe client has made the mistake of NOT renewing his support with Kodak and thus when asked for help/support it was refused.

Just to clear this up....Kodak will not refuse support because a person doesn't renew his support. They do refuse to give free support to anyone though.

menzy

Ok - we have made a lot of progress over the last couple of weeks.

I'm now to the point where the server starts with no problems and it even detects the Platesetter...

However, when I launch "Print Console" ver 4.44 - it says initialising and the messasge shows "the device is attempting to connect to the licence server. Please wait."

However this will eventually time out and say that it couldn't contact the licence server. I'm so close! any ideas?

Joe

You need to go into the licensing area and make sure it is pointing at the Prinergy Primary. I have no idea where that is at in the Print Console but it looks like this in Preps. The circled area should either be the Prinergy Primary PC name or IP address. Since you see it saying it "is attempting to connect to the licence server. Please wait." there has to be someplace to enter the info for the licensing server (Prinergy Primary)

menzy

In the time I put in my last response.. I now can't even start the server anymore...

getting this error:

E 23May20 15:05:26.765-GMT+11 [4440.1992] BLW2K8 ARAXI PChangeJobShare DBIF_DBConnection.cpp(102): Hung connection detected, exiting process

Any ideas?
Also thank you so much for your help so far!!!

menzy

Hi Joe,
Any ideas on my last reply please?

Thank you

Joe

There is another thread here that also a user was having errors with PChangeJobShare. He got it fixed by re-installing but he found some things along that way they may or may not help:

Quote from: joaodaffonsojr on October 16, 2019, 08:01:37 AMNot sure what specifically was the cause of the error, but with these tips the instalation was successfully!

– The Machine cannot be named PRINERGY or PRIMARY, in my case was named PRINERGY
–  Windows firewall must be OFF
– the password cannot have special characters , my case had "@"
– The IP address must be fixed one not provide by DCHP
– Let the installer create the ARAXI user during the instalation, I created the user before.

Also I checked on the Kodak Partner Place about password issues and found this:

menzy

Password is all setup with no issues and was during the setup of Prinergy Server (ARAXI user was created by the wizard and password was set as ARAXI as well) This was working fine a week ago.

Anything else to try before we go down the route of re-installing again...

Joe

There is a file named PChangeJobShare.exe here on my system. You may investigate its use.

QuoteDatabase Cleanup 8.2.0
Database Cleanup (Build 0 - Sat Mar 31 15:08:28 2018) Araxi v8.2.
⌐ 2018 by the Eastman Kodak Company. All rights reserved.
Usage: PChangeJobShare.exe targetFileServer targetFileShare -h <s
> -s <sourceFileShare> [-a]
       PChangeJobShare.exe targetFileServer targetFileShare -j <j
       PChangeJobShare.exe -r
       PChangeJobShare.exe -l [ -pathCount [ <shareName> ] ]
       PChangeJobShare.exe fileServer fileShare -x
       PChangeJobShare.exe fileServer fileShare -w
       PChangeJobShare.exe -y
-h the host to move database file location records from
-s the share to move database file location records from.
-r recovery mode.  Continues a previously interrupted instance.
-a show all the conflicting files if any when changing job share
-l show the list of file server names and share names in the dat
-x change regFilePathName into Helios storage format for the giv
hare.
-w change regFilePathName into Windows storage format for the gi
share.
-r recovery mode.  Continues a previously interrupted instance.