Preps 5.3.1 or 5.3.3 Windows Installer...anyone?

Started by mwc, April 12, 2019, 01:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwc

Simply just looking if someone has the 5.3.1 or 5.3.3 WINDOWS installers for this?   (KODAK does not have it....)

---
(read on only if you want the the poop...)

When I inquired to the Kodak Partner Place...I was saddened the OLD VERSION INSTALLERS were not to be found on their site, Kodak 'essentially' told me PISS OFF, version 6 and earlier are EOL and we no longer allow you to get the old SW. "We can put you in touch with a Sales Rep to talk about upgrade options...."  FFS!, I have a process that works GREAT on 5.3....I DO NOT NEED or WANT to upgrade it.

Shit, I have the damn dongle and license materials...just the CPU took a dump and I can only find my 5.2 disk...I can get most from backups, but would rather have the 5.3.x installers.
I'm working for a company that DID NOT archive the 'new' installers downloaded a decade ago...They machine it was running on was almost old enough to buy me a drink!
:gom:

Joe

I'll look around tonight but I am doubtful. We never really used the Windows version but I know I did install it at some point which is how I came to the conclusion that the Windows version sucked. ;D
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

rotarypower3

Have used.... Linotronic 530/630 │ Hercules50 │ Scitex Dolev 800 │ Scitex PSM 5/6/7 │ BlackMagic │ EFI Colorproof │ Kodak Prinergy  │ Agfa Apogee Prepress  │

Fixing designers junk since '98!

brgamboa

Hi,

Is there any chance you can send me also the link to Preps 5.3.3?
I would really appreciate it, I've been trying to search the web for months.
Thanks in advance.

Lampi74

Hi,
Preps 5.3 (429), Windows 10 x64 shows the bug included. I would like to preview. What could be the problem?

Thx, Lampi

DigiCorn

Preps doesn't have a true "live" preview until v6 and above. You can preview in 5, but there's some stuff you gotta do first. I can't remember what, tho...
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

You need to set the path to where Acrobat is installed in the Preps preferences.

Lampi74

Quote from: Joe on October 01, 2019, 07:13:58 PM
You need to set the path to where Acrobat is installed in the Preps preferences.

You are KING :D
I've been trying for a long time, but I haven't been able to. Thanks

pspdfppdfxhd

Yes, Joe is the KING. (I have hilited the word for emphasis).

DigiCorn

Technically, I said,
Quote from: DigiCorn on October 01, 2019, 02:14:40 PMthere's some stuff you gotta do first.
Joe just took credit for my solution. Where are MY accolades?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

Quote from: DigiCorn on October 02, 2019, 12:25:20 PM
Technically, I said,
Quote from: DigiCorn on October 01, 2019, 02:14:40 PMthere's some stuff you gotta do first.

:moon:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on October 02, 2019, 12:25:20 PM
Technically, I said,

Yep...just like a snake in the grass waiting for you to give a solution so I can jump in and steal your accolades. :evil: