text mark variables Preps 8.4

Started by sorincristian, November 02, 2020, 01:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sorincristian

Hello!

Can everyone told me how i can put automatically in text mark the work style (in the text mark i want to see PERFECTOR, SHEETSWISE etc...)... text required by printing colleagues.

now i have text mark like this:
$JOBNAME COALA $sig  FATA $Side  $SheetHeight $SheetWidth $date  $time

Thanks you!

Joe

There isn't a text variable for 'work style' as far as I can see. I think you could manually put it in the Preps job comments and add the comments to the mark.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

$[Workstyle] does the trick for me. You may or may not need the brackets - I use Prinergy so it needs them.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

I didn't see that in the Preps manual. Could it just be a Prinergy mark?

DCurry

Could be. All I know is I use it and like it!
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

scottrsimons

I was not using it either, probably because it was not in the manual, but I just tested $[Workstyle], and MAN that's sweet. I will be using that in our shop.
As my fiancé says "why didn't anyone tell me about that."
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

sorincristian

Quote from: DCurry on November 02, 2020, 10:49:02 AM
$[Workstyle] does the trick for me. You may or may not need the brackets - I use Prinergy so it needs them.

I use only Preps 8.4 and you ideea with $[Workstyle] is not working...  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

sorincristian

Quote from: scottrsimons on November 02, 2020, 02:09:07 PM
I was not using it either, probably because it was not in the manual, but I just tested $[Workstyle], and MAN that's sweet. I will be using that in our shop.
As my fiancé says "why didn't anyone tell me about that."

Tested in Prinergy or Preps? in Preps i tryied and don't work... or i am idiot... :banana:

Joe

For me it works in Prinergy but not in stand alone Preps.

scottrsimons

I've only tried it with Preps and Prinergy. But it stands to reason, if it's not in the manual for Preps it wouldn't work on it's own. And since [Workstyle] is a column in Prinergy, it does seem to make sense that it works there.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

sorincristian

Quote from: scottrsimons on November 03, 2020, 08:41:29 AM
I've only tried it with Preps and Prinergy. But it stands to reason, if it's not in the manual for Preps it wouldn't work on it's own. And since [Workstyle] is a column in Prinergy, it does seem to make sense that it works there.

Even in Preps exist one column named  [Workstyle]. From there you choose the way to choose to print jobs.. sheetwise, perfector, single sided...