IFTTT & Google Sheets Issue

Started by SkillSans, February 13, 2020, 06:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkillSans

Hi, has anyone got experience of using IFTTT in conjunction with Google Sheets?

I have got so far in a small project but am now hitting a snag.

Every time I run an applet that is intended to add a track to a Spotify playlist, it gives an error (saying "THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH GOOGLE SHEETS" followed by "No Details Available").

I don't trust this error message, as the first step also utilises Google Sheets, and runs without any errors - so I think it something I am not doing correctly. (I have also ran a simple test in a different folder, using Google Sheets which also works fine)

(I should have pointed out - I have extremely limited experience with spreadsheets in general)

Still with me? I'll try and explain what I think may be going wrong....

The final stage in the process is to do a search on Spotify of a Track (columnB) and the Artist (columnA). The spreadsheet that these search terms are inputted into has "VALUE!" In the cells that haven't been occupied yet. Does this mean that when IFTTT tries to do a search, it will be attempting to do a search from the last row (ie "VALUE!") rather than the new Track/Artist that is further up the spreadsheet?

Hope this makes enough sense for someone to assist!
(I can make screenshots later tonight if that gives any better info to anybody)

Tracy

In excel spreadsheets, VALUE means there is something wrong
you may want to do a search to fix this in the program you are using.

Not sure any one here is using google sheets
Good luck!

born2print

yeh, I just use them for personal stuff, good to share a list with someone, etc...
Good luck though
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

pspdfppdfxhd

Google sheets? WTF is that? Oh no...... first there was Canva and now there is google sheets....

:facepalm: :drunk3:

DPSprint

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on February 14, 2020, 06:17:39 AM
Google sheets? WTF is that? Oh no...... first there was Canva and now there is google sheets....

:facepalm: :drunk3:
LOL I have actually had artwork created from google sheets.... school magazine  :hangme:
its so much fun