News:

Main Menu

File will not trap

Started by tlotzer, June 03, 2015, 01:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlotzer

83404 Tom McBride brochure 036.pdf
I can not get any trapping on this file on the PMS 485 elements, linked above. I downsampled the photos to make the file smaller (3.5 MB). Would someone try it? I have trapping turned on on XMF 6.0.0.6 ver. (default = 0.00208 in, Black Factor = 1.6, Image 0.00208).

Joe

In Prinergy I get the following warning but it did finally make it through the Prinergy trapper.:

Turn on Overprint Handling to ensure correct colormatched output because page contained at least one object using a color dependant transparency blend mode. Colormatch was performed, but the object's appearance may be different than expected.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

tlotzer

Thanks for trying, Joe.

I had to do the job in Prinergy also and received the same error. The file trapped fine in Prinergy.
Gave up on XMF.
Do you have the means and time to try it in XMF?

Joe

Not any more. Prinergy is all I have here these days.

Tracy

I tried to run it thru XMF and it failed, could not view to see if it trapped

Diddler

I could get page 1 to work fine but stalled on page 2. On closer inspection the drawing in bottom right hand corner was your problem. image attached is just the tip of it.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

frailer

Quote from: Joe on June 03, 2015, 02:53:26 PMIn Prinergy I get the following warning but it did finally make it through the Prinergy trapper.:

Turn on Overprint Handling to ensure correct colormatched output because page contained at least one object using a color dependant transparency blend mode. Colormatch was performed, but the object's appearance may be different than expected.
Well, we crunched it, but it could look like shit.    :rotf:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

Diddler what did you do to even get the page 1?
Just curious

pspdfppdfxhd

No problem here on Navigator (Harlequin v.10), it did take a long time though.

tlotzer

Temporarily moving pieces off to the artboard, allowed the file to trap. I rasterized the complex Illustrator Injector image on page 2 (pointed out by Diddler) at 1200 dpi in Photoshop. Replaced in Indesign. Trapped fine then.

Joe

Yeah I think about 99% of trapping problems come from complex illustrator files...or Word clip art. :hangme:

pspdfppdfxhd

Or the 4 letter word beginning with F..... :drunk3: FONT

zox

No problems whatsoever through Printready 2015 by Heidelberg.
File run through in couple of seconds, no issues, trapped fine.
Is there something special I should be looking for?