News:

Main Menu

Screen Angles

Started by Holsinger60, February 18, 2016, 10:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holsinger60

We have jobs that get shuffled from one press to another quite often. Job came off the press floor this morning because the screen density didn't match a previous run. Got to digging and it is the same file used the last 4 times we've run the job through XMF. Only thing that changed was what press it was running on. I've exhausted my limited knowledge on this, but hoping someone may have an idea. Where is the screen angle changing at? I've looked just about everywhere and can find nothing that is different between any of the press settings. Ideas?

Holsinger60

To show the differences...

born2print

I am not seeing a screen angle change...  :question:
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Ear

You can find Screen Angle Mapping in the Screening area of the job structure... near where you adjust trap, overprint, ink mapping, etc...
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Ear

.. but I'm with born on this... not seeing a screen angle difference. It looks like it imaged the row of dots slightly different... an imposition difference of a millimeter will affect this.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Farabomb

Glad I wan't going crazy. There is a slight movement in the dots but the angle is the same.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

born2print

Joe

Whew! I thought I was missing something. Looks like the same angles to me too.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Screen density looks pretty darn close too. My guess is press conditions like the operator didn't bring the densities to the same value of the previous run.

Farabomb

Joe, how long have you been in printing? It's NEVER the press/pressman. 
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Well I'm sure it is prepress fault somehow that the printing on the press doesn't match. That is a given. Probably something like too much magnetism in the plate cause by the electric fields in prepress.

Tracy

I would check the line screen is it different? I have 150 and 175 setup
looks the same but I would check that first.

born2print

Tracy

:laugh:
gotta be press problem!!

andyfest

Quote from: Joe on February 18, 2016, 12:06:25 PMWell I'm sure it is prepress fault somehow that the printing on the press doesn't match. That is a given. Probably something like too much magnetism in the plate cause by the electric fields in prepress.
:lmao:
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro