News:

Main Menu

InDesign 5.5

Started by frailer, May 20, 2011, 06:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Quote from: DigiSig on June 27, 2011, 01:15:25 PM
Quote from: gnubler on June 27, 2011, 11:14:02 AMIf you ship me some Lagunitas IPA I'll consider cancelling your ass kicking. Interested?
Can I ship the IPA and still kick your ass? How much can I mark it up before you won't buy from me?

You ship, I kick. Yes or no?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

No worries Gnub, I can get it here on the east coast. You can still kick ass and drink good beer.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

Quote from: gnubler on June 27, 2011, 01:20:48 PM
Quote from: DigiSig on June 27, 2011, 01:15:25 PM
Quote from: gnubler on June 27, 2011, 11:14:02 AMIf you ship me some Lagunitas IPA I'll consider cancelling your ass kicking. Interested?
Can I ship the IPA and still kick your ass? How much can I mark it up before you won't buy from me?

You ship, I kick. Yes or no?
That's not the deal. My only reward here is that I can have it and you can't. so there. Nyah!  :drunk3:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Indesigner

Quote from: Earendil on June 27, 2011, 09:23:30 AMOkay... one annoyance with Indy in CS 5.5... There is no progress indicator during PDF export. You don't know when the stupid thing is finished exporting... click on the PDF and says it's corrupt. Wait a minute and try again. Eventually, it finishes and opens but it's a guessing game. I have had more than one client freak out, thinking it is not exporting until I explain it to them. WTF, Adobe?!?! Fail.

You can't see the progress which is good so you can do other things while the file is PDFing. One way for you to know when its finished PDFing is to check "View PDF after Exporting" under the General tab in the Options section of the export window. That way you won't have to keep checking to make sure the file isn't "corrupt". Hope this helps.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Actually, you can view the progress... 

/Windows/Utilities/Background Tasks.

It's been there since CS5. It will also tell you errors on export or whatever.
Member #285 - Civilian

frailer

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 11, 2011, 10:08:44 AMActually, you can view the progress... 

/Windows/Utilities/Background Tasks.

It's been there since CS5. It will also tell you errors on export or whatever.

I've got this as part of an updated WorkSpace. When I Export, I routinely click on its button in my menus/tabs. easy to see progress. In fact, it's an improvement on having it sit across your display, like it did before.
When finished, click closed...

And a warm welcome, Indesigner.   :cool:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

agent_orange

i just noticed that there's a progress indicator above the tool bar. export a pdf and look just below the "type" and "object" menus and you'll see a bar letting you know it's working...

DigiCorn

Quote from: agent_orange on November 18, 2011, 10:50:44 AMi just noticed that there's a progress indicator above the tool bar. export a pdf and look just below the "type" and "object" menus and you'll see a bar letting you know it's working...
They had that in v5. It's useful if you're multitasking and you're writing a big pdf and you want to close or open a new file and you need to know how much longer it's going to be.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigitalCrapShoveler

You can't close the exporting/printing document until completion, but you can open additional files and continue working.
Member #285 - Civilian

Tracy

:laugh:
I guess we all figure out how to work on more than 1- thing ata time
sigh

t-pat

that thing is great - until it isn't. Big file exporting + do something else on another big file can equal sad mac face. I try to let it finish before doing something else important.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Ear

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 21, 2011, 06:35:41 PMYou can't close the exporting/printing document until completion, but you can open additional files and continue working.

Don't tell me how to live my life, you're not my real mom!  :angry:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: t-pat on November 22, 2011, 03:25:18 PMthat thing is great - until it isn't. Big file exporting + do something else on another big file can equal sad mac face. I try to let it finish before doing something else important.

Always a good idea. If you can help it.
Member #285 - Civilian

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Earendil on November 22, 2011, 03:27:26 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 21, 2011, 06:35:41 PMYou can't close the exporting/printing document until completion, but you can open additional files and continue working.

Don't tell me how to live my life, you're not my real mom!  :angry:

You WILL do as I say. :hello:
Member #285 - Civilian