PitStop 2018 just announced. Ships in April

Started by abc, March 06, 2018, 06:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abc

HI Frailer
If those documents were sent to you in November 2017, then they will have version 2017 licenses.
We didn't start shipping 2018 licenses until around April 2018.

If you contact the reseller you got the licenses from, they should be able to get the new ones.
Although I would have thought they would have been sent direct by Enfocus as we don't have a distributor in Australia.

As always, if you get stuck, drop me a mail or a PM.

Joe

I think it should say on the sheets the version it is for. You bought that before 2018 was released right? If so I am pretty sure it would be for the current release at time of purchase. I would contact your reseller and see what they say.

Edit: Oops...posted before I saw ABC's response.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Thanks. Both responses help.

We did get it through a reseller/agent. Aquion.

Don't want to gratuitously bag them, but it was 'kangaroo start' most of the way until a particular person there got on the case and it all suddenly happened. Shall email them again now.

Watch this space...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on May 08, 2018, 07:16:56 AMI think it should say on the sheets the version it is for. You bought that before 2018 was released right? If so I am pretty sure it would be for the current release at time of purchase. I would contact your reseller and see what they say.

Edit: Oops...posted before I saw ABC's response.

Interestingly enough, it doesn't.
-order No.
-contract No.
-start date/end date. (one's August, the other's November).

Product: PitStop Pro (Single User)... on each. So not release-specific, at least on the surace.
I could be, of course, but I'd rather know up front. To risk not having PitStop at all for a 'stuff-up' interval would be like having life support switched off.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Well if you bought one in August and the other in November they are for Pitstop 2017. You will need new product keys for 2018.

frailer

Thanks.

It seems that I clear obstacles, then you get to another one. Battle of the Ardennes.   :rolleyes:

Agents have my email... I await news from them.

frailer

Update...

Agents have replied. It's in process, (procuring of 2018 Release keys. (x2).

My question... possibly best answered by abc, is... is it allowable/necessary to create a new Enfocus ID, as the 2018 installs will be on the new iMacs, sitting alongside the old ones with PitStop 12 on them).
The logic, I think, is that PotStop is machine-tethered, therefore a new ID is allowable...possibly necessary.

But this morning we got the 31 dat trial of 2018 going on my compadre's new iMac, plugged in to AcroDC, and with a new Enfocus ID. He is now using it.

I think it's called progress. Not, perhaps, WPA/Harry Hopkins progress, but some...

Joe

Pretty sure when you get that 2018 product key it will tied to your old Enfocus ID. And I don't think the ID is tethered to a machine specifically. I think that ID will only have two activations available no matter how many product keys you have.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on May 09, 2018, 08:36:30 PMPretty sure when you get that 2018 product key it will tied to your old Enfocus ID. And I don't think the ID is tethered to a machine specifically. I think that ID will only have two activations available no matter how many product keys you have.

This may be messy. It didn't pick up the old ID, (99% sure I had it right...been years), on the new iMac, when compadre was setting up the 31 day trial.
He punched in a new one...and is running the trial OK. We still have 2 active v12s on the old iMacs.
This, of course, may not be the case once we're out of trial territory.
I may contact him and make sure we have the correct IDs when it comes time to de-activate/activate on the 2018 Keys.

frailer

Now have 2 Trials on our 2 newer iMacs. All good so far.

Was overthinking/plutzing about Enfocus IDs and stuff. My info cheat book gave me login info that seemd irrelevant; seemingly [I just put in the work email, as before, for the Trial, did a new password as prompted, and all running.

Am assuming that the old login info, which was from '09, has since become irrelevant.

Assuming also, once we're happy, in a couple of weeks, as abc's suggested, we just 'Key in' and roll on.

frailer

Is there a way to get this permanently as a sidebar, rather than one that disappears once you've proceeded with the found tool?

I.e.,... so you don't have to go to the 3-dot button to get it to drop down again.

frailer

Joe

Sure from the 'Tools' at top left of PDF window change the drop down to 'Add'.

[attach width=500]18677[/attach]

It will add it to the Tools sidebar on the right of the PDF window.

frailer

Tooling with Kindy Acrobat Kiddy Pro.

Anyone located 'AddMarks to trim, in EALs?

tpat once showed us how to renumber those annoying docs where the dezinger numbers 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, --> because their printing folios number from p 3.

I haven't found it in the 'Pages' area yet. Anyone?

Otherwise I'm bending my tiny head around it a bit.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on May 21, 2018, 09:11:59 PMAnyone located 'AddMarks to trim, in EALs?

In the action dialog search for the word 'marks'.

[attach width=400]18680[/attach]

Quote from: frailer on May 21, 2018, 09:11:59 PMtpat once showed us how to renumber those annoying docs where the dezinger numbers 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, --> because their printing folios number from p 3.

I haven't found it in the 'Pages' area yet. Anyone?

You mean renumbering the pages of a PDF right? Use 'Page Labels...'.

[attach width=400]18682[/attach]