News:

Main Menu

A save down

Started by jimking, October 26, 2010, 08:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimking

I've got 3 Indy files that are CS5 that need to be saved down to CS4. I have CS5 on the pc but for some reason it does not see them as compatible. The extension is correct so I have no clue why. Can someone give it a go and save down to 4?  Thanks

David

post them somewhere, give me a link and I'll give it a go.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

And if Dave fails, I'll do it. :laugh:
Member #285 - Civilian

DigiCorn

Have you right-clicked (or control-clicked) and clicked "open as," while browsing to the Adobe ID5 application and changing the drop-down from "recommended applications" to "all applications?" (while hopping on one foot and singing the Canadian national anthem and sacrificing a goat to Lucifer?)
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

jimking

Next question-----post them where? I'm not swift on host sites because I've never used them.  I can email them, 2.7 mg zip file. links and fonts no concern.

jimking

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on October 26, 2010, 09:01:47 AMHave you right-clicked (or control-clicked) and clicked "open as," while browsing to the Adobe ID5 application and changing the drop-down from "recommended applications" to "all applications?" (while hopping on one foot and singing the Canadian national anthem and sacrificing a goat to Lucifer?)
I tried that. This pc is very weak and should not have this version on this box anyway. Needs a serious upgrade

David

I'll send you my ftp info in a PM
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

The easiest way is to post them to www.sendspace.com and PM the link. If Dave fails.
Member #285 - Civilian

DigiCorn

My bad.  :offtopic:

You can run CS5 on an XP box, but even the 64-bit XP won't run it well, especially since you max out at 4gb RAM. We're running our CS5 on 64-bit Windows 7 with 8gb RAM, and it is so fast... but networking a Windows 7 box for use with your server and Mac boxes is a PITA.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

Jim, did you get my PM?
Livin' la Vida Loca

jimking

Quote from: david on October 26, 2010, 09:39:59 AMJim, did you get my PM?

No I didn't David. I did go to sendspace and uploaded the file. The link is http://www.sendspace.com/file/8h98lh

David

Jim, I can't open the files, there is a plug-in missing.
Livin' la Vida Loca

jimking

That is the same message I get. How about you DCS, any luck?

jimking

sdfsd

David

tried CS5, 4, and 3. all the same
Livin' la Vida Loca