News:

Main Menu

A save down

Started by jimking, October 26, 2010, 08:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boosted29

This has been a problem of mine as well. I have CS5 at home and CS4 at work, when I make something at home to bring in, the down-saved file never opens.
Quote from: gnubler on October 22, 2010, 12:54:19 PM
It's called "prepress". :laugh:

99% of the population doesn't even know we exist or are aware of the work that goes into printing their crap.

DigiCorn

Haven't tried to save down from CS5. Is it an actual save down, or is it still the export as .inx?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

export as a .idml file, then open that in CS4
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

jimking

Apparently there's a bug?

DigitalCrapShoveler

Is a PC involved? :laugh:
Member #285 - Civilian

David

I don't have CS5 on my PC, only CS4 & CS3, so I can't test that theory.

I do have Quark 6 on my PC, if that helps.     :laugh:
Livin' la Vida Loca

jimking

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 26, 2010, 10:52:33 AMIs a PC involved? :laugh:
So, it's a GD PC buggy issue then? If so it figures.

Joe

So, if I understand this correctly, the people with CS5 can't open a CS5 file. Corrupt file?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

I only have CS5 for PC. Wanna shoot me the link so I can experiment?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

jimking

Quote from: Joe on October 26, 2010, 11:04:20 AMSo, if I understand this correctly, the people with CS5 can't open a CS5 file. Corrupt file?
These are indy files and should open in 5 but aren't. Says a plug-in is missing. I only have 5 on the pc. This is not a client of ours but a favor for a mail house we deal with often.

David

ah ha!
It's prolly a special mail plug-in that is missing. Have you chatted with your "friend" yet?
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

Something smells funny. Send it to Digi-Corn, I'm interested to see if it's PC related or just a buggy file.
Member #285 - Civilian

David

DCS, Jim has CS5 on his PC, so that's probably not the issue.
Livin' la Vida Loca

jimking

Quote from: david on October 26, 2010, 11:14:20 AMah ha!
It's prolly a special mail plug-in that is missing. Have you chatted with your "friend" yet?
Yes, just did. He is calling the client and will get all the details. I'll post back.