Adobe CC 2015 released

Started by wonderings, June 16, 2015, 09:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wonderings

Have no tried any of it yet, downloading indesign as I type this. When you click "install" another window pops up before it begins, if you go into the advanced section there you can select to keep the old version as well. 

Joe

I noticed the update notification. Thanks for the info on how to keep the current versions. Downloading/Installing now.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Publish Online in InDesign 2015 looks interesting. Built in Flipbook it appears.

Grimace

I'm the local test dummies here. I downloaded Illy and Photoshop without too much issue, but Indy deletes all previous versions of CC.
So if I edit a file and save, my coworkers without the update are SOL. Nice new features and I will need to do some testing on old bugger files to see how that works.

I finally downloaded Acrbat Pro DC (dick choke?) and it is just freaking terrible. This is not a program that i will even try to get to know, completely turns it Playskool looking and makes it super cumbersome to switch between pages and to do a quick scroll as the pages window only opens by itself and not along side the document! I really cannot tell you how disappointed I am with this release.. The only thing they got right was that (at least in my case) my older version of Acro 11 wasn't auto deleted.

Tread lightly with this "upgrade".

Joe

My old version of Indy was not deleted. You do have to uncheck the box so it won't remove the previous version though.

You and anyone not employed by Adobe hates the new Acrobat DC. They have an update due out soon that is supposed to fix a lot of the technical problems people have had but they have promised they are not changing the basic interface of DC. Which is 100% a complete and total mess. And Adobe is quite proud of it.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Grimace on June 17, 2015, 01:35:22 PMI'm the local test dummies here. I downloaded Illy and Photoshop without too much issue, but Indy deletes all previous versions of CC.
So if I edit a file and save, my coworkers without the update are SOL. Nice new features and I will need to do some testing on old bugger files to see how that works.

I finally downloaded Acrbat Pro DC (dick choke?) and it is just freaking terrible. This is not a program that i will even try to get to know, completely turns it Playskool looking and makes it super cumbersome to switch between pages and to do a quick scroll as the pages window only opens by itself and not along side the document! I really cannot tell you how disappointed I am with this release.. The only thing they got right was that (at least in my case) my older version of Acro 11 wasn't auto deleted.

i hear ya with the acrobat DC comments. It sucks for user friendliness....and it crashes frequently on me while doing image editing in photoshop. We have one major client that requires us to do tons of image editing on pdfs every month and since DC, its been really bad.

Slappy

We've been spared the CC 2015 Update, because our old ass Macs can't update to the minimum OS required!  :lmao:

Let the fuckfest of asking clients to re-send jobs backsaved for us - - - BEGIN!!!  :shoots_self:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

frailer

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on June 17, 2015, 03:28:59 PM
Quote from: Grimace on June 17, 2015, 01:35:22 PMI'm the local test dummies here. I downloaded Illy and Photoshop without too much issue, but Indy deletes all previous versions of CC.

i hear ya with the acrobat DC comments. It sucks for user friendliness....and it crashes frequently on me while doing image editing in photoshop. We have one major client that requires us to do tons of image editing on pdfs every month and since DC, its been really bad.
We do basic image editing from within PitStop these days. But if it's beyond Levels/Curves/Sharpen....  :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

Quote from: Grimace on June 17, 2015, 01:35:22 PM... do some testing on old bugger files to see how that works.
... down here, that's the files I happen to be working on.        :rotf:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

frailer

Head office dezinger sends me an Indy file which he can't open. Warning says it's 10.2.

I download an Indy CC update which takes me to 9.3.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why I can't access 10.2?

Maybe USA is ahead of us; I suspect this files from Stateside. Maybe he can open it in 3 weeks time.  :grin:

.... maybe it's because I'm still on 10.6.8    :undecided:  

"everything's up to date in Kansas City... They've gorn about as fer as they can go..."   :band:

Joe

10.2 is InDesign CC 2014 which I think requires OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, or 10.10. I can open it and save you a .idml file if that will help.

The latest InDesign is 11.0 which is CC 2015 and requires OS X 10.9, or 10.10. (Or the upcoming OS X 10.11)

wonderings

You are missing something here, because as I said in the first post, you can select to keep the previous version of Indesign, just like you can with photoshop, illustrator and the rest. There is an advanced button you click after hitting "install" and yo are given the option to keep previous version.  I have both on my Mac right now.

I like Acrobat DC, it is much MUCH faster now. Previous version was painfully slow on my maxed out iMac 5K. The only annoyance I have with the app is not being able to disable the "home" window, or whatever you call it when starting up.

Joe

Quote from: wonderings on June 18, 2015, 06:24:44 AMI like Acrobat DC, it is much MUCH faster now. Previous version was painfully slow on my maxed out iMac 5K. The only annoyance I have with the app is not being able to disable the "home" window, or whatever you call it when starting up.

After using it for awhile and other than the home screen and white background it is not so bad once you learn where everything is at. I hope they have had enough complaints about the Home screen they they will at least change it so users can disable it but I'm betting they won't. For some reason they think it is the greatest gift since sliced bread. And the custom tool sets are pretty cool once you figure out how they work.

wonderings

Quote from: Joe on June 18, 2015, 09:08:32 AM
Quote from: wonderings on June 18, 2015, 06:24:44 AMI like Acrobat DC, it is much MUCH faster now. Previous version was painfully slow on my maxed out iMac 5K. The only annoyance I have with the app is not being able to disable the "home" window, or whatever you call it when starting up.

After using it for awhile and other than the home screen and white background it is not so bad once you learn where everything is at. I hope they have had enough complaints about the Home screen they they will at least change it so users can disable it but I'm betting they won't. For some reason they think it is the greatest gift since sliced bread. And the custom tool sets are pretty cool once you figure out how they work.

Yes, had to find where things were again, but once I set it all up how I wanted, I really like it. I like the new look over the old and again there is a huge speed improvement. Hopefully this only gets better with El Capitan and Metal.

Joe

Yes the move to full 64-bit is what makes it faster over previous versions.