Marks to lighten the mood

Started by johnny_jay, March 29, 2022, 08:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

OMG Skryber lol
I covered a coworker's car in snow (mind you this is San Diego)
I cut a piece of mylar to look like spider fracture and put on windshield... or in contact frame with a stupid-tall register pin and call the rookie over to ask them "what the hell did you do?!"
The funnel trick
The hot ink trick
ahhhhhh - good times  8)
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

johnny_jay

Quote from: Skryber on March 31, 2022, 08:54:28 AMI plastic wrapped a few coworker's cars.
We did that one night, he was sleeping in the car at the time.
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

Skryber

Our stitcher operator was super meticulous about his area with his teas and snacks and supplies and the night crew would take his stuff. Sometimes I would rearrange all of his things. He'd be mad and cursing the night crew until he saw us laughing at him.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

born2print

There was a dude way back that would prank me good, and I could NEVER get him...
until I figured out a way.
I just kept looking at him and grinning, he drove himself mad looking for what I had done...
which was nothing.
The student became the master that night.
:ninja:

Skryber

You can't mess with anyone at the shop I'm at now. They are kind of touchy and will get mad. Which sucks for the bf because now the shenanigans flows onto him.

So not work related, once while we were out with some friends, he showed me something on his phone and I went into his keyboard text replacement and added a few replacements. So if he text "10-4" and hit send, it would send "I concur." Or "hey" changed to "Good day to you kind sir." Or "Copy" changed to "I'm a little lad who loves berries and cream." I think there were a few others. 

So I was drinking and forgot about it and we were out at breakfast the next morning and he yelled, "WHY IS MY PHONE SAYING STUPID SHIT??" It was then I remembered what I had done. He had sent all of them bc I had picked common phrases bc cops all send the same texts. One of them went to the mayor. He was really mad and had to explain to his guys I messed with his phone and I about died laughing.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

born2print

born2print

Aw crap! Tomorrow is April 1st... watch-out for Skryber!

madbugger

I once put a dead mouse in the lead pot on a Linotype machine.  Stunk up real bad for a week and the Lino operator had to drain the whole pot, clean and reassemble. He was not happy.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.
— Madbugger

Some people say you gotta die some day, I got news, you never gotta go
— Ted Nugent

madbugger

Back in the dark days of hand combining, I once got an apprentice to paste up the round waste punch holes from the film onto a piece of clearbase over a grid sheet.

Told him that was how we made stipple masters. Then had him put it in the gallery camera and shoot a negative at reduced sizes to get different percentage stipples.

He didn't last much longer, was a real dumbshit.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.
— Madbugger

Some people say you gotta die some day, I got news, you never gotta go
— Ted Nugent

Slappy

A co-worker & I once "reverse taped" another guy into the bathroom. We covered the entire door frame with clear packing tape, sticky side IN so when he walked out he'd get web-stuck. In theory.

We also flipped the breaker for the shop lights in that area, so he wouldn't see the packing tape. Cool, huh? Turns out, we accidentally hit the breaker that controlled the Boss Man's fairly expensive aquarium. By morning, the whole tank was full of floaters. None of us EVER copped to it, we blamed it on an overnight brownout.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Skryber

I have a million more, what's wrong with me? I'm won't bore you with anymore after this one. Not work related.

Our subdivision has a yard sale every year and on that day, we were hanging out with our neighbors. After some of them went in for the night, I went around and grabbed all the crap people put at the end of their driveway to throw out or hope someone would take that they didn't sell at the yard sale. Furniture, decorations, wall art, yard sale signs, etc. I set up an entire living room with a couch, recliner, coffee tables, curio cabinet, tv, a floor lamp, a wreath, a framed poster of Audrey Hepburn, toys, knick knacks, about 30 yard sale signs, a big plastic Santa, stuffed animals, fake plants and trees, I mean a ton of stuff.....in my neighbor's front yard. This was another drinking time where I went to sleep and forgot what I had done. The next morning I got a text from that neighbor that said "touché." Took me a sec, I was just as surprised as he was. :rotf: He was having a Memorial Day party that day and had to get rid of all that stuff before people came over. I wish someone took a picture of it before he tore it all down. It was glorious. He swore he would get me back worse, but never did. He doesn't live there anymore, but I wait.... :ninja:

DigiCorn

We once shrink wrapped everything on a guy desk; the stapler, the tape dispenser, all his pens/pencils, the phone, his keyboard... everything. It was funny. Also put a for sale sign on a guy's '69 Mach 1in the parking lot with his hone number on it. That was good too. 

Did an upper decker at a place in Fresno when they fired me on my 89th day after coming to work late because I was in a serious car accident and passed out, even though I showed up at work late with broken ribs. Woke up in the shop manager's car taking me to the hospital. On day 90, I would have got medical benefits, and PTO, and they didn't want to be on the hook. It took 2 years +, a bankruptcy, and a lawsuit, because I sued my car insurance company for payment because they only gave me 75% of the bills, but I won all the costs and then some. The only eyewitness was a CHP officer, who wrote in the report, "100% NOT my fault." Insurance fought the claim because he was not a, "licensed accident reconstructer."
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

scottrsimons

Quote from: born2print on March 31, 2022, 10:07:28 AMThere was a dude way back that would prank me good, and I could NEVER get him...
until I figured out a way.
I just kept looking at him and grinning, he drove himself mad looking for what I had done...
which was nothing.
The student became the master that night.
:ninja:

I've been messing with people this way for decades. It's amazing how well it works, and you don't even have to do anything. The mind is the best tool.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Possum

Madbugger, I had to clean out the "back room" at a small newspaper once. Found a dead bat. Put it on the desk of the daughter of the owner, one of those entitled brats.

I once hid in the darkroom with the lights out. The kind of darkroom with the revolving door. The manager came looking for me, went through the door, saw it was dark, then went back out. I swear her nose wasn't more than a few inches from mine. I got some funny looks when I "reappeared."

Born, I had a CSR once that was always worried people were talking about her. Was doing some hand sorting with another co-worker and said watch this. I started smiling at the CSR and acting like I was whispering to my co-worker. Only took three times and the CSR comes out yelling "what are you saying about me?"
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DigiCorn

From 4th-6th grade we used to go into the school library and "update," the dictionary. For example, if we found a spider, we smashed it, while retaining it's form, and placed it on the definition of spider. We did this with, bee, ant, fly, wasp... well, you get the idea. 
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway