News:

Main Menu

Started by MonkeyBoy, February 12, 2008, 11:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

That makes me sad for you. When I learned Freehand V2, I hated it. After I learned what an awesome program it was, especially V8, I started really using it a lot. We had an Ad Agency we did work for in my Service Bureau days that built everything in it. Back when manual trapping was the only way, Freehand was a godsend. AI could do the same thing, however it was far more difficult. I can honestly say, It is a resource I will miss.

By the way, most agencies and design houses along the coasts and major cities used Illustrator, Oklahoma was a Freehand Mecha. It was stable, and in a world of PageMaker, Quark and Mult-Ad Creator, Freehand saved my ass many, many times.
Member #285 - Civilian

MonkeyBoy

Quote from: Joe  link=topic=1145.msg12963#msg12963 date=1202842016I have installed 10.5.2. Have not run into any problems but it was only late last night when I installed it. Here is what the 10.5.2 update does:

About the Mac OS X 10.5.2 Update

Thank you for staying on topic. I appreciate the feedback.

born2print

Used to use FH back in the day... like v3.1 for example,
I remember how fun it wuznt to ask for editable FH parent files (because the exported .eps files were not editable if you can believe that)

I remember, at a trade show once, when they added multiple pages to FH (v4 or v5?) we asked the Aldus techs: Then why do I need to have Pagemaker anymore?.... stumped them pretty good. :zounds:

which topic? huh? :huh:
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

DigitalCrapShoveler

I should have started another topic. Sorry I have taken this post off subject. It was not my intention to offend.
Member #285 - Civilian

MonkeyBoy

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on February 12, 2008, 04:05:42 PMI should have started another topic. Sorry I have taken this post off subject. It was not my intention to offend.

Oh, no offense. I'm just glad I got one response to the topic.  :grin:
At least the off topic is closely related. We aren't talking about the first chimp in space or anything.  :mischeviousmonkey:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Cool Monkey. I am somewhat new to the forum thing, so sometimes I forget proper etiquette.
Member #285 - Civilian

Sparky

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on February 12, 2008, 04:51:55 PMCool Monkey. I am somewhat new to the forum thing, so sometimes I forget proper etiquette.

Digital, you'll see that topics here often wander off topic. that's why we moderators hang out to...

You say Freehand huh? I remember, when Freehand kicked ass on Illustrator, you could do multi sized pages in the same document, hell Illy still only has one page...

Oh anyway what was I saying :rolleyes: yeah ok staying on topic :grin: We try to keep things on track with as little stress as possible.

Have fun :police:
"No well engineered plan survives contact with reality"

Sparky

Shit, I started to say I haven't had any issues with 10.5.2 yet. Everythings working smooth CS Safari, Firefox, Mail, etc. my work has been flowing with no difference. 3 printers, 2 computers (an old G3 using a SCSI PowerlookIII) and my daughter using a PC and her DELL laptop via Airport. all smooth as ever.
 :grin:

"No well engineered plan survives contact with reality"

DigitalCrapShoveler

Sparky, it brings tears to my eyes when I hear Freehand spoken of so eloquently. You are a Gentleman, sir.
Member #285 - Civilian

cjwworld

I had jumped to 10.5 from 10.4 and so far no real problems.  Had to deal with system fonts but thats a given.

I just used software update to get to 10.5.2 and it went thru good today.  noticed a change on the document folder. 

I have no incompatibility problems.
I use Quark 6.52;InDCS3;InDCS;PhotoshopCS3;Adobe Distiller 8.0;Acrobat Professional 7.2 with Pitstop v7.1

The only thing I had to reinstall is InDCS3. ?? Don't know why.
I do not use InDCS3  a whole lot, I use IDCS because of image loss in CS3.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Image loss? Explain.
Member #285 - Civilian

cjwworld

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on February 12, 2008, 09:34:12 PMImage loss? Explain.

We have to place an PDF to separate in Indy and ever since IDCS3 came out, some images would just disappear.  It would disappear at the rip also.  At first glance, the pictures in the ads are there but then you go separation pane to check the color then the images disappear from view.  I had posted on different forums and no one seems to have an answer and there were others also that had similar problems.  My solution is to go back to IDCS and it works fine.   ??

I checked color, etc but to no avail.

Chris

DigitalCrapShoveler

Interesting. So I am to assume you are not working in a composite workflow? Can you tell me a little more details, like what kind of output you are trying to achieve and are you printing direct or distilling with postscript?
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: MonkeyBoy on February 12, 2008, 04:00:11 PM
Quote from: Joe  link=topic=1145.msg12963#msg12963 date=1202842016I have installed 10.5.2. Have not run into any problems but it was only late last night when I installed it. Here is what the 10.5.2 update does:

About the Mac OS X 10.5.2 Update

Thank you for staying on topic. I appreciate the feedback.

Apparently it's not all roses.

Mac OS X 10.5.2 troubles: AirPort Problems, device issues; more
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

jezza

The loss of Freehand was the greatest gift to mankind Adobe ever did besides postscript
one sick prepress mofo