Seriously looking at Esko/Kongsburg Cutting table

Started by rickself, November 20, 2012, 08:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickself

Good morning -
The boss has asked me to start getting serious about finding a cutting table for making samples and mockups of folding cartons. Does anyone have some info they would like to share about what in fact I should be looking for??? Our Komori is a 28x40 and our diecutting plant has 2 Bobst and 2 clam shell cutters, so I wouldn't need to be looking for anything more than a 28x40 cutting table. I see the names Esko and Kongsburg tossed around a lot. his looks like some new fun for an old prepress guy!
Thanks in advance -
Rick Self, Prepress Oldie
Mac Mini M1   G5 Quad-Core Intel Sierra  HP DesignJet Z6 44in   RICOH Pro C5200S
Fiery BCE5  Xitron Navigator v.13   Screen 8000II   Azura Plates   Komori L640

G_Town

Quote from: rickself on November 20, 2012, 08:51:32 AMGood morning -
The boss has asked me to start getting serious about finding a cutting table for making samples and mockups of folding cartons. Does anyone have some info they would like to share about what in fact I should be looking for??? Our Komori is a 28x40 and our diecutting plant has 2 Bobst and 2 clam shell cutters, so I wouldn't need to be looking for anything more than a 28x40 cutting table. I see the names Esko and Kongsburg tossed around a lot. his looks like some new fun for an old prepress guy!
Thanks in advance -

We have two kongsburg plotters/ sample makers one in prep that we use for plotting vinyls and cutting blankets and another one in our structure department where they primarily use it for cutting samples, both machines have 3 tools you can use, blade, crease, pen etc, very reliable a quick and have never wentdown since ive been here (3 years).

Get your checkbook out cause they aint cheap.

Lammy

I've only ever seen two used. Not that I've looked hard. One was at a plant I worked at over a decade ago and I heard they sold it for less than a grand. The other I saw at auction a little bit ago. Back in the hay day when we were all cutting silos in rubylith the bigger shops had these. They may still have them collecting dust or they went the way of cameras and linos and got scrapped.
Lammy ~ Everyone says a monkey can do it, but no one ever asks the monkey!

72+ cases - wood & metal type & sorts • LInotype Model 31 • Hohner B tabletop • Golding #7 Jobber • ATF Little Giant • Heidelberg S Cylinder

andyfest

Same situation as G here. Two K plotters, one for cutting coating blankets. The other used for carton samples. They are expensive, but seem to last forever with minimal maintenance required.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

G_Town

Quote from: Lammy on November 28, 2012, 04:58:07 PMI've only ever seen two used. Not that I've looked hard. One was at a plant I worked at over a decade ago and I heard they sold it for less than a grand. The other I saw at auction a little bit ago. Back in the hay day when we were all cutting silos in rubylith the bigger shops had these. They may still have them collecting dust or they went the way of cameras and linos and got scrapped.

Hmmm i looked for two months for a used on with no luck and was told by many people that owners simply to get rid of them because they are always in use.

PrepressN00b

Esko does sell used tables. Contact them for the pricelist of what they have in inventory.
Peter Kincaid
Hybrid Software

rickself

Thanks all for the input. For some reason I wasn't receiving email notifications so didn't know there were replies!
Sorry! :shocked:
I'll keep my eyes and ears to the grapevine and checkbook handy and well-stocked!
Mac Mini M1   G5 Quad-Core Intel Sierra  HP DesignJet Z6 44in   RICOH Pro C5200S

Joe

Quote from: rickself on December 31, 2012, 08:43:00 AMThanks all for the input. For some reason I wasn't receiving email notifications so didn't know there were replies!
Sorry! :shocked:
I'll keep my eyes and ears to the grapevine and checkbook handy and well-stocked!

I keep getting emails from your mail server that your email address is being phased out which might have something to do with your problem of not getting  email notifications.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

rickself

You are correct - when I noticed I missed the replies, I checked my prefs and an old email address was still being used. Thanks, Joe.
I am now up-to-date.