HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL!

Started by Diddler, December 30, 2018, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

ohhh, they now come in Space Gray!
well, at least you can leave them plugged in all the time, unlike the stupid smart mouse that has to be belly up to charge it.
who came up with that idea?
 :death:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

:git off mah lawn:

$129 is insane for a keyboard.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

$149 for the space gray is even worse!
An extra 20 dollars for a color that will happen on it's own after using it with dirty fingers.

:hangme:
Livin' la Vida Loca

Slappy

Quote from: Joe on January 03, 2019, 03:27:56 PMWell you won't buy anymore of the Apple wired keyboards because they don't make them anymore. There are 3rd party keyboards that look the same but they do not "feel" the same.
Even the "flat" ones? I bought my own at the new shop, couldn't stand the shitty short-version that ships with the new Macs and I don't care about wireless. Worth every penny.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

Closest you can get to the full wired Apple keyboard is this:

https://eshop.macsales.com/item/Matias/FK318S/

We ordered 2 at work. Took 63 days to get them. They look like the Apple keyboards but they do not feel like them.

Tracy

Aw man! I shoulda taken better care of my keyboard, Still have the one on Mac 5
on Mac 6' keyboard most of the keys are working today, I will try again on Monday :laugh:

mc hristel

Apparently they don't make them like they used to. The old mac keyboards could be run through a dishwasher and after a suitable dry off time would work just fine (as long as you made extra sure to keep water from the usb plug before hand).

Slappy

Quote from: Joe on January 03, 2019, 09:52:37 PMClosest you can get to the full wired Apple keyboard is this:

We ordered 2 at work. Took 63 days to get them. They look like the Apple keyboards but they do not feel like them.
Damn, I never realized the wired ones were phased out. There's a decent 3rd party Apple Certified shop near me, I might just clean out their stock and worst case sell 'em on Ebay for a tidy profit to put towards retirement!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

David

Quote from: Slappy on January 06, 2019, 02:58:53 PM
Quote from: Joe on January 03, 2019, 09:52:37 PMClosest you can get to the full wired Apple keyboard is this:

Damn, I never realized the wired ones were phased out. There's a decent 3rd party Apple Certified shop near me, I might just clean out their stock and worst case sell 'em on Ebay for a tidy profit to put towards retirement Beer!

Fixed
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

Keyboard is working again!
Had to push a bunch of keys and when the Caps lock light came on it started working!!!
Guess you gotta treat it like a lady  :laugh:

Tracy

Nevermind moved it to Mac6 now no worky sheesh

Joe

I've got two of these keyboards that do the same thing. Plug them in and they might work for awhile but never for long. Put them on another Mac and they work for awhile but then quit. And these two didn't even have any spills. I've found when they start acting this way it is time to replace them. They are great keyboards...until they ain't.

On my Mac at work I use this now.

Logitech K750 Wireless Solar Keyboard for Mac

It has a good feel to it when typing. It's nice that there is no wire but you don't have to worry about keeping it charged since it is solar. The thing can actually charge during the day even if you have the lights turned off.

The only thing I don't like about it is there is no caps light on the keyboard. So if you happen to turn on caps accidentally and don't realize it you MIGHT TYPE IN ALL CAPS UNTIL YOU NOTICE IT.

Tracy

Hey that's a good price! yeah I think the keyboard is dead
I like that it charges with solar power, I hate wireless keyboards usually!

Possum

Another thing that can get knocked off the desk with no tether to help you find it.  :facepalm:
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Joe

Quote from: Possum on January 07, 2019, 01:27:14 PMAnother thing that can get knocked off the desk with no tether to help you find it.  :facepalm:

Well it is a keyboard. It isn't that hard to find. :rotf: