Vehicle Wrap Templates

Started by Skryber, December 22, 2009, 10:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skryber

We are going to be getting into vehicle wraps here and I'm wondering where I can buy templates for certain cars. And does anyone have experience mounting these? Boss has been talking about sending me to training. I hope he does.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

tapdn

:huh:
...send me too. I am clueless. What is that?
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Skryber

Quote from: tapdn on December 22, 2009, 11:03:29 AM:huh:
...send me too. I am clueless. What is that?

A vehicle wrap?

Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

tapdn

~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
~Farabomb

DigitalCrapShoveler

I have a buddy that does that, or actually used to do that. I'll see if I can get a hold of him. I think he called it Jap Wraps. It was mainly for import bikes, but I am sure he knows how to do the vehicle shit.
Member #285 - Civilian

Skryber

Same idea.
Tap, they are a way to advertise on your vehicle or some people just want a cool design on their street racer. You can put whatever you want on them but they can be expensive so I see mainly advertising. I saw a Hello Kitty one once. I upchucked a little.

Joe

Will be a bitch to get the car through the Epson. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

tapdn

messin wid ya a bit there Skryb. Guess I never really thought about how that kind of thing gets printed- now I am curious! Like decals but BIG sections I am guessing.
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

born2print

Quote from: Joe on December 22, 2009, 11:22:52 AMWill be a bitch to get the car through the Epson. :laugh:
:rolleyes:
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

David

Quote from: Joe da ManWill be a bitch to get the car through the Epson. :laugh:

gotta use a large format printer...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

The real trick is getting it to NOT print on the windows.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

David

Quote from: Joe on December 22, 2009, 12:00:12 PMThe real trick is getting it to NOT print on the windows.

roll 'em down, easy peasy
Livin' la Vida Loca

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

David

Livin' la Vida Loca