Started by Skryber, December 22, 2009, 10:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Quote from: david on December 22, 2009, 11:59:33 AM
Quote from: Joe da ManWill be a bitch to get the car through the Epson. :laugh:

gotta use a large format printer...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
 I saw USMC truck done that way. totally cool.
I wouldn't mind learning that!

Skryber

Thanks. I was looking at that same graphic design thread earlier.  :kiss:
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Skryber

Quote from: Tracy on December 22, 2009, 12:06:40 PM
Quote from: david on December 22, 2009, 11:59:33 AM
Quote from: Joe da ManWill be a bitch to get the car through the Epson. :laugh:

gotta use a large format printer...

I saw USMC truck done that way. totally cool.
I wouldn't mind learning that!

It's so fun! I got to play around with it at a wide format show last June.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Tracy

Never hurts to learn more, let us know how it goes.
Saw some books online, but training would be better.

Farabomb

One of the prepress guys I used to work with and still do work for him started his own sign company that does car wraps as well. Printing them shouldn't be too bad but the install labor can be hellish. If you can't find anything I'll try and get in touch with him. Iirc you buy the templates with the software.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

tapdn

cool stuff... thanx for the intro Skryb. What ya gonna do when the customer sends in a 2" 72 dpi logo from the interwebz and wants it to cover the side of their car!!?
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Skryber

Quote from: tapdn on December 22, 2009, 12:21:52 PMcool stuff... thanx for the intro Skryb. What ya gonna do when the customer sends in a 2" 72 dpi logo from the interwebz and wants it to cover the side of their car!!?

I will say "NO" like I do now.   :evil:

Skryber

tapdn

Quote from: Skryber on December 22, 2009, 01:17:01 PM
Quote from: tapdn on December 22, 2009, 12:21:52 PMcool stuff... thanx for the intro Skryb. What ya gonna do when the customer sends in a 2" 72 dpi logo from the interwebz and wants it to cover the side of their car!!?

I will say "NO" like I do now.   :evil:

If you could say "NO" then you wouldn't be in the "condition" you're in now!  :laugh:
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Skryber

Chelle

Wow. Very cool, Skryber. That would be fun...
Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

beermonster

i could do wraps here - i have the kit but it isn't "core business" so they wont let me

here's a very good place for info skry

http://signs101.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158

you'll find me on the site...as err beermonster - original huh :undecided:
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

sergiodesoto

David

it's a 3 year old post, thanks for the linkage, tho.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Finally a bot that did something useful. I'm back to downloading vectors now! Don't think I ever saw this thread originally, it must have been during my hiatus.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david