What digital presses should my company look at?

Started by Jaygames, January 27, 2012, 12:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ear

Quote from: t-pat on February 02, 2012, 02:36:17 PM
Quote from: Earendil on February 02, 2012, 02:27:36 PMI heard strange noises (stranger than usual) coming from the men's room, one hot summer day. Went in and found one of the older guys on the floor, visibly dazed and sweating like a pedophile in a Barney suit. I called 911 and charged the mini defib machine. I wanted to zap him but he wouldn't let me.  Paramedics showed up quickly.

CLEAR!

I wonder if we have one of those here, it gets sorta boring sometimes and I feel like I need a little pick-me-up.

:laugh: I'll bet you do. I think OSHA bugged us to get one. We keep two, one in bindery and one up here. They'll cook a hot pocket in 2 seconds, crispy.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Quote from: Earendil on February 02, 2012, 02:38:21 PM
Quote from: t-pat on February 02, 2012, 02:36:17 PM
Quote from: Earendil on February 02, 2012, 02:27:36 PMI heard strange noises (stranger than usual) coming from the men's room, one hot summer day. Went in and found one of the older guys on the floor, visibly dazed and sweating like a pedophile in a Barney suit. I called 911 and charged the mini defib machine. I wanted to zap him but he wouldn't let me.  Paramedics showed up quickly.

CLEAR!

I wonder if we have one of those here, it gets sorta boring sometimes and I feel like I need a little pick-me-up.

:laugh: I'll bet you do. I think OSHA bugged us to get one. We keep two, one in bindery and one up here. They'll cook a hot pocket in 2 seconds, crispy.
:laugh: :laugh:
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

We're not that "advanced". Our first aid kit has Bandaids that don't stick and aspirin that expired in 2007. :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Ear

Quote from: gnubler on February 02, 2012, 03:15:11 PMWe're not that "advanced". Our first aid kit has Bandaids that don't stick and aspirin that expired in 2007. :laugh:

Your first kit is like the island of misfit toys.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Earendil on February 02, 2012, 03:29:05 PM
Quote from: gnubler on February 02, 2012, 03:15:11 PMWe're not that "advanced". Our first aid kit has Bandaids that don't stick and aspirin that expired in 2007. :laugh:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

boosted29

hahaha I relate with this so much. We have 10 year old aspirin and antacids...
Quote from: gnubler on October 22, 2010, 12:54:19 PM
It's called "prepress". :laugh:

99% of the population doesn't even know we exist or are aware of the work that goes into printing their crap.

Joe

Quote from: Earendil on February 02, 2012, 03:29:05 PM

Instead of a first aid kit we're just encouraged to kill anyone that gets injured. It's cheaper than repairing them. Don't want the health insurance rates to go up.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

... old girl's gone lame, better put her down.

Farabomb

Thought I was the only one. Paper towels and masking tape work better. If you need meds just talk to the pressmen. Pretty sure they have better ones.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

they took the aspirin out of our First Aid kit because people were abusing them.

in the prepress dept?    go figure
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

delooch

Quote from: Farabomb on February 03, 2012, 07:56:02 AMThought I was the only one. Paper towels and masking tape work better. If you need meds just talk to the pressmen. Pretty sure they have better ones.

i had to do that when i sliced my hand on the cutter. there was no first aid kit in the shop, apparently hasnt been one for a long time. not sure how we have been passing OSHA inspections..

Farabomb

We just don't let OSHA in the door. Everyone here has been through the meetings before at a former employer and all know 90% of it is bullshit. The pressmen both have their own first aid kits and I have one in my car at all times.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigitalCrapShoveler

We have a full vending machine with every kind of ailment band-aid there is. Pills, vitamins, wraps... kinda inconvenient when you are bleeding from the hand like a stuck pig and have to fish change out of your pocket. Total horse-shit.
Member #285 - Civilian