Started by RMPrepress, January 11, 2021, 03:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RMPrepress

Manager/Default IT Guy - 2022 Mac Studio, Apple M1 Max, 64 GB - Ventura 13.6
Kodak Prinergy 10.0, Kodak Insite 9.5 and Kodak Proofing System 10.0
Epson SureColor P9000 w/XRite Spectroproofer - G7 Master Printer
Heidelberg Prinect 2022 + Suprasetter 106 CTP

RMPrepress

I know what you mean but to be fair the old InSite UI is terrible looking.
Kodak has made some good/needed fixes in 9.2.
Personally I like it way better than 8, but then again we were a 9 beta as well and only had used 8 for a year at most.
We were new to Prinergy and InSite as of early 2018.
Manager/Default IT Guy - 2022 Mac Studio, Apple M1 Max, 64 GB - Ventura 13.6
Kodak Prinergy 10.0, Kodak Insite 9.5 and Kodak Proofing System 10.0
Epson SureColor P9000 w/XRite Spectroproofer - G7 Master Printer
Heidelberg Prinect 2022 + Suprasetter 106 CTP

Joe

We started with Insite 5. We were on the beta for 9.0 too and the things they removed from 8 were shocking at the time. No status of customer uploads as you had in 8.x. In 9 you know when they start uploading and when the upload finishes but no way of know the progress of the uploads by customers. Also getting to the customer account pages and the user account pages is way more mouse clicks than it was in 8.x. Customization was much more robust in 8.x also. I can't think of one single item in 9.x that is better than 8.x.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

In other news, if anyone has an older Mac mini they would like to part with, I will consider buying it, if the price is acceptable. I don't care if it's the newest or not. Older iMacs or Macbooks too... within reason. I just want to have another Mac around here... but I would like to at least be able to run El Capian/Sierra.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

AaronH

We got a few new M1 Mini's at our shop. Only downside so far has been the XMF client, and if you use it their Measure App for the colorpathsync calibration web software doesn't work on 11.0+ at all, intel or m1.

I have a PC next to me to run XMF for the time being and Fuji let me know we're the first shop to adopt the new m1 Macs. they're working on an update for XMF that should be out sometime early spring that will work on the 11.0+ MacOS.

We got the cheap m1' minis (8gb ram model) and I kid you not, it runs everything faster (InDesign, Illustrator, photoshop, acrobat with Pitstop) by a lot, over our 2017 iMac 27" with the 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 and 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 ram.

Until the XMF update, I'll be using the PC next to me like I said which sort of sucks, but hey. My old Mac is going to update our proofer/plater's station and move our FTP server to it (current FTP server is an older iMac running 10.4) when it bites the dust.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris