Plate Slugline Positioning

Started by Slappy, October 19, 2020, 12:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

This only seems to happen on Tumble sheets, and it's burning my biscuits today.

I've got a Cover + 48 Page job, the Cover impo has the plate slugline correct, the text forms however, the plate sluglines are falling INSIDE the paper imageable area instead of the plate only area.
When I change the coordinates to push them down into the plate only area, they disappear. They both have the same coordinates in the Plate Slugline settings (screenshot attached also) so I'm just stumped.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

impodave

Something to do with running two different sheet sizes ?  I create separate jobs if the sheet sizes differ within that job ..
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

Slappy

I believe you're right - I did a 2nd job for the text & it all looks Correct. Thanks!

I hate doing that, confuses the platemaker/press ops some times but oh well.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

frailer

I do recall initially having probs with disappearing grip IDs, (purely for plate ID/colour etc.). ...and remember having to extend the size in which it fell... similar to Clipping Margin sizes. Not in front of me any more, so can't give you the exact term. and where you set it. But you seem to have sorted it.
Are you in the swing of XMF? Once you get past its quirks it's great.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

Kind of weird that the plate slug would be affected by the sheet size
ah maybe cuz your using Tumble, I never use tumble I use flat
going home soon but I have my plate slugs in a default position I will check tomorrow

Tracy

So this is the only thing I can think of my plate slug line is associated to the plate
not the job, Hope I'm explaining it right.
So I have this default slug for the Komori plates and then I add what I need to the slug
I will have to try and remember how we did that.
so When I click on Komori green icon this slug line 1 is set like this.
this may not be your issue could be the Tumble

Slappy

Something definitely different, yours doesn't even show the "Position Relative to: Plate or Paper" like mine does.

If I still had a maintenance contract, I'd call & ask.

Slappy

Quote from: frailer on October 20, 2020, 03:52:56 AM
Are you in the swing of XMF? Once you get past its quirks it's great.
I really do, most days. It's a HUGE time saver over previous Impo Apps I've used. Maybe someday we'll be able to afford using it to push jobs to the digital machines too.

Tracy

See Below  :laugh:

Tracy

I found it!!!!

It was under administrator,
Administrator/Templates/
Select Job Templates at the top, Select the Press you want
Select Edit/Select Plate Slug Icon (the green one)
Put what you want on there and those will show up on every plate
and you can still add or subtract when in the actual job.

ps I don't have a license anymore either, I loved it when I did!!

Joe

We got a new Fuji platesetter. It has to run the XMF client on the platesetter PC to output plates. I'm pretty lost if I have to get on there for anything. ;D
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

Hey that's pretty cool! to me that would be the best way to output with an XMF workflow

Are you working with XMF Now?

Joe

Nope. Prinergy. We send one-bit tiffs from Prinergy to the platesetter PC that has the XMF Client on it and they use it to output the plates.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on October 22, 2020, 09:03:32 AM
I found it!!!!

It was under administrator,
Administrator/Templates/
Select Job Templates at the top, Select the Press you want
Select Edit/Select Plate Slug Icon (the green one)
Put what you want on there and those will show up on every plate
and you can still add or subtract when in the actual job.

ps I don't have a license anymore either, I loved it when I did!!

My dementia test in a year's time would be to be sat in front of XMF Client, and be given a saddle stitch impo., then be on a stop watch.  :laugh:

... with Creep compensation.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.