Magnus 400 not connecting

Started by Ear, October 23, 2023, 01:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Try putting the gateway where it is not at. That won't give it internet access unless you add DNS. The place that worked on it may have changed the gateway to test it on their network.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Quote from: Ear on October 23, 2023, 04:06:34 PMYes, it sees the network and is on the LAN but doesn't have the gateway number and I don't think it can access the "Internet". It's on the prepress network and when I look at network it says it has network access. It has a second network controller and says it has one connection.

It's weird because the controller PC starts the platesetter when you launch the Magness software, gets through part of initialization then shuts the platesetter off and throws an error.

.... hmmm, maybe it is the Araxi server connection and not the platesetter connection? It clearly has some connection to the platesetter but won't complete the init, so maybe it croaks when it tries to access the main Prinergy server...
See where the cable on the second network controller goes.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

IIRC, the second network controller should go to the Magnus while the first one goes to the outside world and LAN. The second network controller won't have an IP address that matches the rest of the LAN; it will be a different subset. For example, if all the machines on the LAN are 192.168.0.XXX, the 2nd card might be something like 10.10.10.XX, which would match the Magnus IP. If you open up command prompt and type, "arp -a," it will return a list of IP addresses on the LAN. The MAC address cannot be changed, and should be printed on a plate somewhere on the Magnus, so match up the MAC address to the list in the command prompt. Once you have the IP address, you can dial straight into the Magnus and make changes, provided the Magnus has a GUI.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Ear

Thanks for the insight guys. I'm pretty sure your guys are on the right track and we got a response from a Kodak tech, so we are going through the settings and hopefully it will be running soon.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

born2print

Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

David

waiting on a Kodak tech, you may need a movie to go with the popcorn...

:))
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black