New Apogee Impose.

Started by Ore, January 31, 2011, 11:10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ore

Anyone working with the new Apogee 7 upgrade? I was wondering how well the Apogee Impose software was working.

DCurry

I don't have the upgrade yet, but the sad news is that the Impose module is Windows only.

p.s. - Welcome aboard!
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Ore

Hey thanks, I guess I should introduce myself,started printing in 81,have done presses,stripping,Indigo,Imposition,Some mac work,Hoping to be printing for a while! That sucks its for windows,I like my mac but whatever.

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

Masochist I guess.

Aren't we all?  :punchy:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ore

The times they are a changing,besides I'm no Forest Gump here! Don't know nothing else!

gnubler

Quote from: Ore on January 31, 2011, 01:50:40 PMDon't know nothing else!

Good luck. Not to scare you off or anything but...DOOMED!  :cheesy:

Just like the rest of us.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

frailer

Yeah, welcome, Ore. That's gnubler's way of saying 'Hi'. Ya feel all warm and fussed over now?  Hope so.    :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

dledbetter

We did the upgrade about a month ago. As DCurry said the PC is the only way to use impose, as far as how it works it will take some time to learn. I'm still using preps for right now. Apogee impose is a whole new animal, has a totally different approach to imposition vs the templates that I'm use to. Some things we do now will have to be done in indy or quark as we progress and move away from preps, Apogee can not handle multiple independent pages and after talking with the trainer likely never will.

-Dan

Ore

Thanks for the input,should be interesting. Was Greg your trainer? He was here in Iowa, he is missing a great snowstorm!

dledbetter

No I had Jacques. Good guy had him scratching his head on a few imposing problems.  :dev2:

I think this is going to be a slow transition to full time Apogee impose.

-Dan